Cold TurkeyJohn Lennon
Cold Turkey | John Lennon
This is my song of the week. If you have the same taste in music as me, you’ll know EXACTLY why. That guitar riff sounds like…throat cancer, almost exactly! It’s so…rough and tearing. And the chorus reminds me of Well Well Well or something, just the whole Plastic Ono Band vibe. This is great. I’m not getting tired of this any time soon.
Vincent x Catherine 'Cold Turkey' scene 3: fire escape (end)
- *Vincent knocks on Catherine's bedroom window. She opens the window*
- VINCENT: Hey.
- CATHERINE: I'm actually just heading out.
- VINCENT: Oh, this won't be long. Um, I just...I need to say thank you.
- CATHERINE: For what? For this? *hands him a bag* Your photos and letters from Alex's apartment.
- *Vincent takes the bag and looks into it.*
- CATHERINE: You know, I keep trying to move on, but it's kind of difficult with you.
- VINCENT: I don't want you to. *puts stuff back in bag, sets it aside* Catherine, the things that I said about the way that you see me, it was wrong, okay? It's my issue. I just...sometimes I wish so badly I wasn't what I am. Catherine, I know that I can't be with someone who doesn't know everything about me.
- CATHERINE: She does now.
- VINCENT: Okay, who doesn't accept everything about me.
- CATHERINE: Vincent, I can't be your second choice.
- VINCENT: You're not.
- CATHERINE: Really? Because if Alex had accepted you, you...you'd be with her right now in that ridiculously romantic cabin.
- VINCENT: Not happily. It was never about taking off with Alex. It was about a better future for me. Okay, but I know now that that better future isn't her, Catherine, it's you. I will do whatever it takes to make this right.
- CATHERINE: Vincent, there's nothing you can do. Obviously now that Muirfield's back and Alex knows, I will help, but...
- VINCENT: But you and me...
- CATHERINE: I need to protect myself right now.
- HEATHER: *calls from another room* Cat, come on.
- CATHERINE: And I need to be there for someone who's always there for me.
- VINCENT: Of course. Hey...I'm not going anywhere, okay?