““If it seems far-fetched to imagine millions of Americans becoming mini energy producers, just look at Germany, where 51 percent of the country’s clean energy production is owned by individuals or farmers, while major utilities control just 6.5 percent of it.””—
A short paragraph from a recent New York Times article, ‘Crowdfunding Clean Energy’.
(Photo source: Inc.com)
Fact Sheet: 6 Things You Should Know About The Value Of Renewable Energy
Clean energy should play a central role in revitalizing our economy, putting Americans back to work, and keeping America on the cutting edge of innovation and growth. Recently a slew of misguided attacks on the merits of clean energy have exchanged petty partisanship for hard facts.
Here are the top six things you really need to know:
- Clean energy is competitive with other types of energy
- Clean energy creates three times more jobs than fossil fuels
- Clean energy improves grid reliability
- Clean energy investment has surpassed investments in fossil fuels
- Investments in clean energy are cost effective
- Fossil fuels have gotten 75 times more subsidies than clean energy
Here are the supporting details: