Follow posts tagged #charms, #spells, and #polymer clay in seconds.Sign up
Edited Repost- Homestuck Shipping Calculation
By the assumed count of 235 characters- not counting imps, ogres, the likes, and summing the Circle of Horrorterrors to one, as their definite number is undefined. Not to mention implied characters in existence still not counted as we have not bee introduced to them or they are unimportant to the plot. Also in use of the standard, expected count of participants in each relationship.
Found using Combination and Possible Outcome. (online comb. calculator used)
Auspice alone earned most number of possible ships at 2,190,670 possible auspistices.
The following three quadrants each are standard pairing ships, so commonly, only 2 participants. There are 27,730 possible ships for each quadrant, and all sum up to have 173, 190 ships not counting auspistism .
The count for the original four quadrants, again, not counting alt. timelines and assuming character count of 235, is *drum roll*
Okay, so for the charms, my easiest approach was first understanding how the combos could be accounted for through a visual.
Now, using combination (restricting repeat, as it wouldn’t make sense to have a combo of the same charm repeating. It’d defeat the purpose of combos), it has a mid point in which it begins reflecting.
1 charm - 9 possible
2 charm combo- 36 possible
3 charm combo- 84 possible
4 charm combo- 126 possible
5 charm combo- 126 possible
6 charm combo- 84 possible
7 charm combo- 36 possible
8 charm combo- 9 possible
9 charm combo- 1 possible
If you look at the 3x3 box, you will understand how it reaches a loop when you can only have one combination of 9 charms and vice versa.
So using “possible outcome”, the simplest way to deal with this, we have a total of 511 different charm combos for each possible 2-way pairing (27730)
511 * 27730
14,170,030 charm ships
We have a grand total of 14,170,030 charm ships possible.
Although, you have to consider this is under the assumption that they’re strictly paired charm, unlike auspice, which racked up the most numbers.
This leads to the sum of both Charm and Quadrant ships under standard participant number and assumption, at character count 235, to be….
*~NOT COUNTING the thousands upon thousand of alt. timelines and dead.~*
50 Simple Charms
Charms in bold made me laugh out loud.
1. Lay thorny branches on your doorstep to keep evil from your
2. Eat a pinch of thyme before bed, and you will have sweet dreams.
3. Place chips of cedar wood in a box with some coins to draw money to you.
4. Carry an anemone flower with you to ward against illness.
5. Hang a bit of seaweed in the kitchen to ward evil spirits.
6. Keep a jar of alfalfa in your cupboards to ensure the prosperity of your house.
7. Burn allspice as an incense to draw money or luck to you, as well as speed healing.
8. Cut an apple in half, and give one half to your love to ensure a prosperous relationship.
9. Carry an avocado pit with you to let your inner beauty shine outwardly.
10. Avocado is an aphrodisiac.
11. Strawberries are an aphrodisiac.
12. Place a piece of cotton in your sugar bowl to draw good luck to your house.
13. Celery is an aphrodisiac.
14. Place almonds in your pocket when you need to find something.
15. Scatter chili peppers around your house to break a curse.
16. Carrying a packet of strawberry leaves will help ease the pains of pregnancy.
17. Scatter some sugar to purify a room.
18. Throw rice into the air to make rain. (Don’t leave the rice, it’s bad for birds.)
19. Carry a potato in your pocket or purse all winter to ward against colds.
20. Eat five almonds before consuming alcohol, to lighten the effects of intoxication.
21. Place a pine branch above your bed to keep illness away.
22. Chew celery seeds to help you concentrate.
23. Carry a chunk of dry pineapple in a bag to draw luck to you.
24. Ask an orange a yes or no question before you eat it, then count the seeds: if the seeds are an even number, the answer is no. If an odd number yes.
25. Eat olives to ensure fertility.
26. Toss oats out your back door to ensure that your garden or crop will be bountiful.
27. Eat mustard seed to ensure fertility.
28. Place lilacs around your house to rid yourself of unwanted spirits.
29. Eat lettuce to drive lustful thoughts from your mind.
30. Rub a lettuce leaf over your forehead to help you sleep.
31. Add lemon juice to your bathwater for purification.
32. Eat grapes to increase psychic powers.
33. Carry a blade of grass to increase your psychic powers.
34. Smell dill to get rid of hiccups.
35. If you place a dill sachet over your door, those who wish you ill can not enter your home.
36. Place cotton on an aching tooth, and the pain will ease.
37. Buy cotton to cause rain.
38. Place pepper inside a piece of cotton and sew it shut to make a charm to bring back a lost love.
39. Carry a small onion to protect against venomous animals.
40. Eat grapes to increase fertility.
41. Place a sliced onion in the room of an ill person to draw out the sickness.
42. Place an onion underneath your pillow to have prophetic dreams.
43. Place morning glory seeds under your bed to cure nightmares.
44. Walk through the branches of a maple tree to ensure that you will have a long life.
45. Mix salt and pepper together and scatter it around your house to dispel evil.
46. Smell peppermint to help you sleep.
47. Hang a pea pod containing nine peas above the door to draw your future mate to you.
48. Eat a peach to assist in making a tough decision.
49. Carry peach wood to lengthen your lifespan.
50.Carry a walnut to strengthen your heart muscle.