chris zylka on my otp
- Q: How would you describe the relationship between Faye and Jake? They seem to be on-again/off-again week to week.
- A: Faye and Jake are the two people in the Circle who know one another the best, and even when the rest of the Circle isn’t particularly happy with one of them the other will always have their back. If anyone is written in the stars in my eyes it’s these two.
Why I don't ship Jake and Faye.
1. Jake is only using her because of Cassie’s rejection. Sure, they may look steamy when they kiss, but sexual attraction does not make a relationship. It just leads to eventual awkward disasters.
2. The two do not have a good balance with one another. They’re people that both act on anger, and it will bring hell to pay. They do not create or grow off one another- if anything they gradually destroy each other.
3. They’re shipper name is “Fake.” (Just like their relationship.) But really, though. Fake?
4. They bring out the worst in the other. For Faye it’s her obsessive jealous crazy tendencies and for Jake it’s his inner asshole.
5. Faye deserves better. I mean, personally, Jake is my all time favorite character on the show. BUT. Faye deserves a better relationship and better treatment than this. Just because she knows him well does not mean they should be together. Understanding is not equivilant to love. Jake is a douche to her. She has gotten her heart torn up by him before, and it’s because he doesn’t really care for her. She’s just a convieniance to him, and he will only leave her more broken than she was before. Faye should have enough self respect to see this, and if she doesn’t- then it leads me to my next point.
6. Jake deserves better. It may seem strange that I say they both deserve better than the other- but it’s true. Jake has been through tough times too. And even though it was an upsetting move for him to make in the show for a lot of us- he was really hurt. Jake has constantly tried again and again to stand on the right side of the battle- and constantly fails or gets put down. He’s been lied to by everyone, walked in on the girl he loves smooching another dude he hates. He deserves to be happy, with the right person, who will really love him and not just throw themselves in bed with him for whatever reason.
edited note: Sorry if I lit a fuse with this- i never meant to. TSC turns me into a mad woman. I just needed to rant. :) Whoever you ship, you ship. You know?