VIA MEDIAITE: In case you were thinking the new Pope was some sort of moderate or reformer:
- On same-sex marriage: The new pope has called gay marraige “a scheme to destroy God’s plan” and “a real and dire anthropological throwback.” In 2010, he was a vocal opponent of the Argentinian government’s proposed legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.
- On homosexuality: Bergoglio is reportedly “unwaveringly orthodox” on such moral issues.
- On abortion: He has rallied his clergy against the “culture of death” that is the pro-abortion movement.
- On contraceptives: The new pope strongly opposed Argentinian President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner‘s efforts to distribute free contraceptives, likely seeing it as part of the aforementioned “culture of death.”
- On same-sex adoption: Bergoglio has called it a form of discrimination against children.
Catholics Do Not Believe:
- That the Pope is God and can do no wrong;
- That anybody or anything may be worshiped or adored besides the True God;
- That the Blessed Virgin is equal to God;
- That images may be worshiped;
- That indulgences give permission to commit sin;
- That a Mass can be bought;
- That forgiveness of sin can be bought;
- That sin can be forgiven without true sorrow;
- That scapulars, medals, crucifixes, and other sacramentals can give graces without proper dispositions on the part of the user;
- That non-Catholics will all be damned;
- That all Catholics will go to heaven;
- That the Bible is the only rule of faith;
- That anybody may interpret the Bible;
- That Our Lord Jesus Christ established many Churches;
- That outward piety is profitable without charity of the spirit;
- That all religions are the same.
There are ten beautiful cardinals standing before me, but I have only nine rosaries in my hand. These rosaries represent the nine of you who are still in the running to become the World’s Next Top Pope. I will call only nine names, and the cardinal that I do not call must immediately return to the rectory, pack your vestments and go home.