carlisledenmaine replied to your post: TOY STORY 3 CHANGED MY LIFE YOU MEANIE
theme’s don’t need to be multi-dimensional, the most important part of a theme is that it hits home. and toy story 3 is actually a very good example of a very resonant theme.
Yes, the theme hit home. Congratulations, theme. It did what it was intended to do, and very well. The target audience is largely incapable of handling complex themes, but they can perceive powerful themes when they’re one dimensional. Toy Story 3 did that.
But I expect more. I’m 17 years old. My brain is nearing full development. I’m moving into the adult world. I’m trying to understand the whole of human experience.
One dimensional themes just don’t cut it, no matter how hard they hit home. The human experience is anything but one dimensional.
I want media to throw my perceptions and emotions every which way. I want to be unable to get my bearings on how I feel about a character, because that’s what happens in real life. I want to feel at the same time anticipation and hesitation at the next event. I want to be completely unable to identify any archetypes. I want to have to watch something a dozen times to even begin to understand it philosophically and emotionally.
carlisledenmaine replied to your post: The arrogance. You think your writing deserves to…
im willing to bet this is the same anon that called your sexuality an example of your arrogance which is hilarious because im 100000% sure this person has a hateboner for you
Aww they should come off anon so that I can put them in my bio as a kismesis
(2/2) thirdly, gender dysphoria is a legitimate affliction, whose cure is understood to be SRS. this has been supported beyond a reasonable doubt. denying this is spitting in the face of years of scientific research with no proof at all. so in conclusion, just because sjws might say some laughable shit, it's important to remember that they are ultimately coming from a rather sound place oftentimes, and the problem is often not what they support but how they support it. good day, asshole. <3
I have to agree. It’s disappointing to me because I did not have any reason to think poorly of crowbarredcranium before.
it seems that people dont give enough of a fuck about china. :/ there’s a “this is not japan” though!
I don’t know anything about Japan, really. :s I’ve seen a Japan and Korea one, but why not China D:
carlisledenmaine replied to your post: santaleftusinthealamo replied to your post: the…
i’m not fond of feminism because it tends to erase shit that’s happening to men? like pretending guys don’t get raped or abused and shit and that’s sorta frustrating? but that’s just me
yeah like i understand that it does happen more often to women and most men don’t spend as much of their time being terrified of things like that happening to them but that doesn’t mean it DOESN’T HAPPEN TO THEM??? and like lately there’s that thing where people reply to thinks with “oh boo hoo the poor men are being repressed” and usually it’s like w/e if i a guy is making a weird comparison that doesn’t belong or really is putting down an idea but like sometimes you see it with like real issues????
men are raped and abused too by both men and women and there’s the same sort of thing that there is with women when it happens, like they feel uncomfortable talking about it and they keep it inside and don’t tell people for all different reasons and just????????
getting mad at guys for feeling unsafe about things women feel unsafe about iSN’T EQUALITY
i’m sorry but if you belittle men’s problems because they’re men and glorify yours because you are a woman then yes actually that isn’t equality and you are actually a woman who wants to be better than men
carlisledenmaine replied to your post: So with my last crush I realized that I can…
ask her out! cut to the chase!
yugidementia replied to your post: So with my last crush I realized that I can…
ask her before anyone else does
That’s two people telling me to ask her out now
I don’t know I feel like I shouldn’t take her by surprise? Like shouldn’t I at least lead her on a little beforehand so that she might catch on and have a little time to think about it before I ask her?
I got into a friend of mine today, where she defended foreskin by saying that it was an important part of her religion (she's jewish) and when I tried to cite my studies, she laughed in my face. I felt so disgusted, and even though we agreed to disagree I still feel really awful and violated. I wasn't circumcized by I've heard stories from my mom about how the nurses and hospital staff were horrified because she wouldn't. We also think circumcision definitely messed with my dad's head as a kid.
Those of us who’ve tried to speak about this issue have faced a wide a range of responses, including the kind that you describe. I’ve personally found that observing similar discussions (including on other topics in addition to circumcision) can help you feel more prepared whenever the discussion actually comes up. It’s an ongoing process though, and I wish I was more capable in terms of rhetoric, even though I’ve gotten a bit better over time.
I didn't forget, I just didn't get to it
Okay so redchucksand3dglasses tagged me two weeks ago and I never did it so here goes!
- Rule 1: Post the rules.
- Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make eleven new ones.
- Rule 3: Tag eleven people and link them to your post.
- Rule 4: Let them know they’ve been tagged!
And her questions aaaare:
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- Come in my ask-box, anon or not, and tell me ALL ABOUT YOUR CRUSH!
- Favorite movie of all time?
- Favorite Doctor (or tv character in general)?
- What would you do if you were left alone in a room with said character? (seriously if I ever met Sherlock Holmes I would probably punch him)
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? (ie; your hair, your intelligence, ability to laugh, ect.)
- Favorite tumblr-famous?
- Best friends you’ve made on Tumblr?
- What is your favorite place to travel?
- If you could go anywhere, right now, where would it be?
- Something you are very proud of at the moment?
1: Make all guns disappear. I’m not really smart enough to come up with anything subtler that wouldn’t mess up all sorts of things, but getting rid of guns sounds good.
3: Hm… I’m not really big on movies in general… Wall-E was pretty great.
4: Can’t decide on a Doctor, but RYO BAKURA A;LSNKGASL;N
5: First I’d take the Millennium Ring off of him (assuming it’s not in digging-into-chest mode) and then we’d play D&D or whatever other tabletop he feels like.
6: O-oh. My… kindness! Yes, I am nice to people and that is good.
8: a;rngawri;tgn HOW DARE YOU ASK ME TO CHOOSE *hugs all of them* YOU ARE ALL MY BABIES
9: idk I go to seattle a lot
10: Rachel and Crow’s place, I haven’t seen them in FOREVER.
11: I met up with an internet friend and didn’t get axe murdered.
Okay thank now for my questions, I’ll probably steal some from you because lazy
- How are you doing today, you wonderful person?
- What was the last hug you got, and how good of a hugger was the person?
- Have you ever taken the cookie from the cookie jar?
- What’s your favorite game?
- How many of your followers do you know irl? Of those, how many did you meet online first?
- Go into the food porn tag, tell me the first thing you see that you have eaten.
- What do you like about yourself?
- Are you in love?
- What song are you listening to right now?
- Who was your childhood anime crush (if you don’t have one, first fictional character you had a crush on) (replace crush with squish if appropriate)
- Tell me the story of a character you’ve roleplayed as. If you don’t roleplay, tell me why.
- What is the closest electronic object to you that isn’t the computer you’re reading this on?
Time to tag people~
joey is watching supernatural
- joey: might be meg i dont remember
- me: is it like short straight bleach-blond hair
- joey: well i mean we dont learn her name
- joey: yes
- me: yeS ITS MEG
- joey: and she's running away from her family
- me: yes
- me: i like meg
- joey: okay good because she's awesome and i want her to survive
- me: yes
- me: she is literally the only character that lasts for all eight seasons
- me: like she's still alive
- me: she's hardly in every episode and there's gaps where she doesn't show up at all
- me: but it's so cool
- joey: waIT SHE JUST GUTTED THIS DUDE SO SHE COULD USE HIS BLOOD AND SHE'S GOT A WEIRD CUP WITH SCREAMING FACES ON IT
- joey: WHAT
- me: yep that's meg