MY CAPE TOWN GUIDE
How to get there: From the airport grab a taxi. Voila!
Where to stay: Backpacking the go with either Carnival Court or Blue Mountain. Otherwise there are pretty sweet deals at airbnb for fancy places in Camps Bay. Cape Town Backpackers is pretty sweet as well! Dont really now about hotels. Fire and Ice seems pretty cool, went for a friends casting.
Where to eat: Burger Royal, Fork, Mozart, Mexican Kitchen, Long Street Cafe, Timbuktu, Mr Pickwicks. All located on Long Street. The Old Biscuit Mill is worth a visit. Arnolds on Kloof for brunch and bloody ms. La Med for calamaris and a beautiful view!
Where to drink: Julep (or at least before new owners now), marvel in daytime, neighborhood, waiting room, sgt pepper. All located on Long Street. Rafikis on Kloof Nek, there used to be a nice pub just under rafikis dont know if its still there.
Where to dance: Assembly, Mercury, Zula, Fiction, The Shack (more of a bar).
Where to shop: Kloof St, Long St, Water front.
What to do: Go to Clifton for tanning, hike Table Mountain, Lions Head, go to Hout Bay and eat fish n chips (best in the world), Devils Peak, swim with penguins in Boulders Bay, Cape Point, swimming in Muizenburg, Robben Island, Bo-Kaap. And well yeah party. Llundando for surf vibes!
* Be street smart.
* Be friendly and people will treat you well.
* Ask! Capetonians are extremely friendly so you wil make friends quickly.
* Taxis are cheap, 10 min ride is about 20R etc cabnet are good once.
* Dont buy drugs on the street from randoms, get yourself a proper dealer.
* There is a good party hosted from time to time called “Cold Turkey” search on fb to see when the next party will be.
* Dont be afraid to take the train its totally fine.
* Go to Stellenbosch or on a wine tour.
* Dont do the cage diving thing with sharks, fucking sad for the sharks.
* Dont go to dubliner, just dont.
I dont know to much about Camps Bay and Sea Point, I have friends in Sea Point but cant remember any good spots, same goes for Camps Bay. While I was living in Cape Town I got in a rut and stayed pretty much in the city bowl, so this might not be to much of a guide. If theres anything else, just ask!