Homestuck fandom is responsible for:
- The Can Town Project, which has Homestuck meetups bring canned foods to shelters.
- A kickstarter that, in the time it was running, raised 2 million dollars.
- The Calliope Project, sending simple morale boosting messages to depressed users.
And yet we’re still somehow worse than Superwholock.
The Lusus Revival Project!
What is it?
This is a fundraiser that was inspired by the Can Town project. Instead of raising food for humans, we are asking for pet food, toys, blankets, and more to donate to animal shelters!
Where is the first meet up?
Our first meet up will take place in Southern California. We hope to meet up in Griffith Park around the Fern Dell Drive entrance into the park.
When is the first meet up?
As of right now it is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 23, from 12 PM to 5 PM. You don’t need to show up at 12 PM on the dot though! You can show up at any time in between.
What kinds of goods should we bring in?
As stated above, we need things like pet toys, warm blankets, pet shampoo, pet food, and other things like this! But you don’t need to restrict yourself to only dog and cat food as well. In fact, you can also donate just money as well. Every little bit helps!
Where are all of these goods going?
Do you need any help?
Yes we do! We need cars to transport all of the donations.
Do you need to be a Homestuck?
No! Of course not, anyone is welcome to come join us. So long as you remain respectful and kind to everyone there (remember there are other people who are just there to enjoy the park). If you’re still uncomfortable with joining this event, then may I direct you to the non homestuck affiliated version of our project: Operation: Kibble Storm!
What about food?
Potluck! Everyone can bring in their own dish! Although please put labels on the foods that list all of the ingredients; we do not want someone to have an allergic reaction. If you are bringing in food, please tell us what you are bringing and how much. We need utensils, cups, plates, and blankets too! Blankets so we can treat this like a picnic!
What else are we doing?
Anyone is free to bring in their own games and such for everyone! We do have at least a photo shoot with everyone though! Just treat this as a large meet up! We can also have a cosplay contest with a secret prize if people do show up in costume!
Homestucks: [S] Rise Up
Fans of Homestucks and whatnot!
12pm until 6:30pm
434 South Alamo Street, San Antonio, Texas 78205
(Hemisfair Park) (Wooden playground: http://24.media.tumblr.com/52877d7a0ca160d917f8eb7f10b02a4b/tumblr_miyh10W9zn1r0e1xgo1_500.jpg )
This meet up is to celebrate another full year cycle of being part of the mass fandom that is Homestuck!
We will be doing a Can Town/Can Drive so that we may help those in need because not only are there sick fires with can puns, but we can spare a few cans for those who are more needy!
You may cosplay if you’d like, but it is /NOT/ mandatory! Though, not gonna lie, it’s so much fun if you’re dressed up!
We tend to have photoshoots, so it would be nice to have a cosplay, even if it’s just the outfit or wig!
If you have any questions message:
Can Town in Griffith Park!
I’ve been planning to do a Can Town for quite some time, but I wanted to wait exactly a month before the actual meet up; not too early that everyone will forget about it, and not too late.
If you’re interested, check back with this post periodically just in case I decide to add something. This is the first time I’m organizing an event like this, so I may forget some details initially. Anyway, here are the details:
- It will be in Griffith Park, as stated above. If you’re not sure where that is, it’s a very famous park in Los Angeles and Google should have no problem giving you directions to it. If you have any questions though, feel free to ask me. I’m not sure where in the Park we will be meeting yet, but I’ll know that by this weekend.
- The meet up will be on Saturday, March 23, from 11 AM and clean up will start at 6 PM. Can’t make it by 11 AM? Don’t fret! You can come and go whenever you want between those two times.
- Non-Homestucks are welcome! Homestuck or not, it goes without saying that you should be polite and well-mannered to people attending and people not attending that are simply in the park.
- Cosplaying is encouraged but not required!
- My friends and I will be bringing some snacks and drinks, but any help you could give (whether it be being napkins, food, or even tables) would be greatly appreciated!!
- We’ll also have games and other fun stuff.
- Of course, you have to bringer canned goods/non perishable food items. The person who brings the most will get a little prize!
- Also reblog this and spread the word to get it out!
- Send me a message anytime if you have any questions or simply want to get in contact
Official Can Town Can Count:
We had to toss out a good 100 or so cans though due to expiration dates.
I think my favorite can was the Campbell’s soup that expired in 1994.
Thank you to all those who donated, and to everyone who helped build can town, sort through the cans, and helped box and carry them out to the car. You guys were amazing!
Attention AZ Homestucks!!!
We’re currently still trying to figure out a date and location which is why I’m writing this. If there are any azstucks who come across this and would like to help us plan this and/or would want to participate, please send me or Niji a message or ask! XD
Also please help spread the word. We really want to do this! It would be a great way for us Homestucks to meet up and have some fun while still helping out our community.
Also you don’t have to be Homestuck to partcipate!! If you’d like to just come and join in a fun way to help out the community you’re very welcome to join us!