“littlest pet shop isn’t nearly as good as my little pony!”
“twilight barkle!” “minka’s just a ripoff of pinkie pie!”
“blythe is just a stupid stereotypical teenage girl!” “blythe’s human friends are only there to add ethnic diversity!”
“littlest pet shop sucks! my little pony is better! bronies unite!!! XD”
OK guys, serious post time.
Asexuality is something that doesn’t get a great deal of publicity.
If someone tells you they are asexual,
- Say ‘it’s just a phase, you’ll find a boy/girl soon’. Not only is this kinda disrespectful, because you make it seem as if you don’t think they know themselves well enough, it’s very patronising.
- Say ‘No you’re not, you fancy *list*.’ Asexuality means they can find someone attractive, they just don’t want to have sex. K?
- Patronise them. Don’t pat them on the head, say ‘good for you’ and carry on the conversation as if they’ve said nothing.
- Make jokes about it or bully them. Just not cool. Sexuality can be something people feel incredibly insecure about. Don’t make it worse.
- Be supportive.
- If there’s someone they don’t want to know just yet, don’t tell them. Simple as. It’s called trust, k. And common decency. Some people don’t want the whole world to know.
Just so y’all know. You can never have to much advice.