- Not body positivity: Shaming thin women.
- Not body positivity: Promoting curvy as the ideal body type or as "real" and "what men want".
- Not body positivity: Shaming a woman for wanting to lose weight.
- Not body positivity: Shaming a woman for losing weight.
- Not body positivity: Excluding men.
- Not body positivity: Shaming or excluding any body type under the sun.
things “body positivity” movements should address besides weight/fat:
- features associated with non-whiteness
- hair type
- lots of body hair / no body hair / little body hair / hair in all places / losing hair
- skin conditions
- stretch marks
- skin discolorations
- different ways that skin tans
so when white feminists show me pictures of fat able-bodied white women with super smooth skin and no discolorations/skin marks and no body hair and say “love your body!!1!” it’s like nope.
I may be fat but I’m also so many other things that are looked down upon and policed. If your body positivity doesn’t seek to dismantle white supremacy/ableism/cissexism/etc, what good is your body positivity? who is it helping?