Follow posts tagged #blizzard 2013 in seconds.Sign up
Things I did today
- Shovel snow. We ended up getting about 2.5 feet of it and we have a driveway long enough for three cars and wide enough for two. We’ve been shoveling since this morning and we only just finished (at 4:00).
- Met my neighbors. I’ve only met many of them today or during the aftermath of the hurricane. I met the across the street neighbor’s dog, Spike, who is a dear of a yellow lab. And we borrowed some shovels and scrapers from the folks who host the terrible garage band twice a month.
- Threw my cat in the snow. She did NOT appreciate it.
- Watched a completely insane situation unfold across the street: An off-duty Domino’s delivery car driver couldn’t make it up the hill so he tried to turn around in our neighbor’s driveway, hit their car, had no license or registration, and then just took off on foot when they call the cops. He came back and tried for an hour to get his car out, with lots of screaming and shouting from everyone in the neighborhood (“Don’t turn your wheels! Lay off the brakes!”). It didn’t work. He parked and left again.
- Watched a few episodes of House of Cards. I will be spending the evening with a stiff drink and the rest of the season and planning ways to avoid having to leave the house ever again.
- Wished I was 10, so I could run around and just play in the snow and then come inside and have hot cocoa waiting for me and not have to worry about things like the huge branch dangling off a tree over my car or how I’m going to get to the laundromat before work on Monday.