but over all you love your kindle? or what do you use?
Okay, so here’s the thing. I bought a Kindle initially to save myself some money, because a good percentage of what I earn goes toward book purchases. My thought process was: generally, books on Kindle are about half the price of bound books. Also, I can get many of my philosophy texts on Kindle, lots of them for free, since anything pre-1923 is available for free through the Kindle store. This seems legit.
Since then, I’ve fallen in love with my Kindle. I can carry it everywhere without weighing down my bag, I can slip in and out of stories faster because I don’t have to deal with bulk and bookmarks, and if I finish a book or decide I want to read something else for a while, I don’t have to pre-pack with a bunch of heavy texts. They’re all digital. I can switch back and forth with ease.
I still read physical, bound books, but I’m more often inclined to purchase a Kindle book than a bound book. E-reading is a better choice for me, personally, for financial and practicality reasons.
But as far as the whole “OH GOD I’M AFRAID KINDLES AND NOOKS ARE GOING TO PHASE OUT REAL BOOKS” panic (which you didn’t mention, but I’m going to, because wtf???): CALM YOUR SHIT, PEOPLE. ESCALATORS AND STAIRS CO-EXIST; SO CAN E-READERS AND BOUND BOOKS.
robb/sansa doctor who au
“Have you ever fancied someone you know you shouldn’t?” Sansa tells the dying man, her voice soft. She tries desperately not to look at Robb, knowing that the Doctor will see her. A wry smile plays on her lips. “Hurts, doesn’t it?”
The man nods, and this time Sansa allows her self to glance over. Robb knows what she’s thinking - he always knows what she’s thinking - and he gives her a smile that makes her throat tight and convinces her to keep on talking.
“But kind of a good hurt,” she says, giving a small laugh. She feels Robb take her hand and squeeze, and she forgets about all the terrible, magical things things that have happened that day - that happen every day, traveling with the Doctor.
GAME OF THRONES!
specifically with regards to the first season of the show and not the books:
- favorite male character: petyr baelish up and down and allll over the map. hands down fave. also jaime, because reasons.
- favorite female character: catelynnnn, changes to her character and all. i’ve come to regard book!cat and tv!cat almost as two separate but not entirely dissimilar entities really, and i adore them both? cat stan for always, man. ALSO CERSEI. ALSO BECAUSE REASONS.
- least favorite character: joffrey, to no one’s great surprise.
- prettiest character: sansaaaaa. sophie turner is a such a little stunna.
- funniest character: bronn. (sidebar: i’m trying to get my thirty days of got challenge thing going again, but i’m stuck on favorite friendship because basically it would be tyrion and bronn, but dnw to make a tyrion graphic? sigh.)
- favorite season: n/a
- favorite episode: “the pointy end”
- favorite romantic ship: all my ned/cat feeeeeelings. also twincest.
- favorite family ship: TWINCEST ahaaaa, so great. also: robb/cat.
- favorite friend ship: tyrion and bronn, i guess.
- worst ship: sansa/tyrion. this has yet to really come into play as of s1 but you know the sansa/tyrion shippers are going to be coming out of the woodwork in DROVES come s2 and i am not going to be happy.
robb/sansa, pride and prejudice
Sansa had thought he’d left: when she had gotten the letter that he was leaving with Gendry, she knew the two of them were done. It completely broke her heart, as if it were made only of glass, but she refused to shed a tear; she had a duty to her family and no one would see her weakness.
But here he is, standing sheepishly as ever, his eyes so sweet it makes her want to cry. She doesn’t know why he’s here, but she can only hope; she tries to slow her heartbeat down.
“First, I must tell you I’ve been the most unmitigated and comprehensive ass,” he says, and she can feel a smile coming to her face unwillingly.
And then he asks her to marry him.
The tears break out, no longer constricted by any dam. She brings her hand to her mouth, covering it out of disbelief, feeling the tears fall on to it. She can barely say it: “Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes.”
i thought it was a good trolling moment. people need a sense of humor.
thank you~ :3
It’s tumblr. come on now.
you can’t trust anything.
url: great | amazing | flawless | perfect in every way | can i have it | asdfghjkl
icon: great | amazing | flawless | perfect in every way | can i have it | asdfghjkl
theme: great | amazing | flawless | perfect in every way | can i have it | asdfghjkl
GUYS. meet cathy, she’s been my friend since i was like 10 and I LOVE HER SO MUCH and we’ve never met irl but we’ve seriously been friends for like 11 years and SHE IS A GODDESS
and she makes beautiful edits of beautiful people so go follow her
cacacathy i love you more than life