Follow posts tagged #blackfrost, #loki x natasha, and #natasha romanoff in seconds.Sign up
Alright guys, I’ve been wanting to address this for a very long time but I’ve just now gotten around to it. In fanfictions with plots or pairings involving Natasha Romanoff, there seems to be a lot of misinformation. It’s quite frankly annoying as hell. So let’s get a few things straight.
Natasha Romanoff’s parents were killed in a fire. When Natasha was a little girl, they died in a house fire. Just a house fire. Ivan Petrovitch rescued her and raised her as her surrogate father (with a little help from Red Room). Ivan Petrovitch was not related to her, they did not date, and he was not her actual father.
Natasha Romanoff was born in the late 1920’s. Though the movies suggest that she was born somewhere in the mid 1980’s, that’s not true. When Natasha was injected with the Super-Soldier Serum (Red Room (aka the organization that helped raised little orphan Natasha) created their own version of the serum given to Steve Rogers), her body became resistant to aging. She’s older than she looks. Though her SHIELD files say she was born in the 1980’s, the actual, factual, canon comic books say she was born in the 1920’s. Not to mention she’s one of the world’s greatest spies and could have easily forged the date of birth on her SHIELD file.
Natasha Romanoff can not have children. When Natasha was a part of Red Room, they experimented on her. They injected her with their version of the Super-Soldier Serum (like the one Steve got). The Serum, along with some Soviet experimentation, rendered her infertile. Natasha can’t get pregnant.
Natasha Romanoff was never a ballerina. Each Black Widow in the program was deployed with false memories to ensure their loyalty. Natasha was brainwashed to believe she had been an accomplished ballerina, and believed it. Eventually, she found out that she had in fact not been a ballerina, and it was all part of the program.
Natasha Romanoff is basically superhuman. The Serum may cause infertility, but it gave her some abilities beyond human capabilities, both physical and mental. Along with resistance to aging, the Serum also gave abilities such as:
- enhanced white blood cells efficient enough to fight off any microbe, foreign or not, keeping her healthy and immune to most, if not all, diseases and disorders (it also makes it difficult for her to become intoxicated)
- agility greater than that of a gold medal Olympian (she has incredible balance, flexibility, and dexterity)
- exceptional durability, strength, stamina, and endurance
- enhanced reaction times bordering on a superhuman level (it’s possible for her to dodge a bullet at point blank range)
- gifted intellect (she can mask any emotion she may have and can process multiple information streams at once and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations)
- expert tactical skills
I understand that not everyone will care about this, some may even be angered by it, but I had to make this post. I just really wanted to clear some things up about Natasha because a lot of people don’t know some of this
and, hell, I didn’t even know some of it until I read some comics and read up on her. So yeah, thanks for making it through my rant. Sorry if I missed anything or got something wrong, but here are my sources [x] [x]