Saniyeler içinde #best of 2011 ile etiketli gönderileri paylaş.Kaydol
11 Facts From 2011
1. The CIA is monitoring up to 5 million tweets per day.
2. Income inequality in America is worse than in Ancient Rome.
3. Twenty-three straight polls find Americans overwhelmingly want to raise taxes to pay down debt.
4. 68% of millionaires support raising taxes on millionaires.
5. Wall Street’s recession cost 1.5 million times more than securing Occupy Wall Street protests.
6. Six Walmart heirs have the same net worth as the bottom 30% of all Americans.
7. Reagan’s ‘82 and ‘84 deficit reduction plans were 80% tax increases.
8. Since 2009, 88% of income growth went to corporate profits, just 1% to wages.
9. Average Bush tax cut this year for the 1% will exceed average income for the 99%.
10. Planned Parenthood Facts: 4 million STD tests, 1 million screenings for cervical cancer, 830,000 breast exams every year. Receives no federal money for abortion.
11. DEAD: Bin Laden, Quaddafi, and Kim Jong Il. OUSTED: Mubarak, Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali, and Ali Adullah Saleh.
11 Quotes From 2011
1. “There’s been class warfare going on for the last 20 years, and my class has won.” — Warren Buffett
2. “Gay rights are human rights and human rights are gay rights.” — Hillary Clinton
3. “Today, we are all Troy Anthony Davis. Tonight, a little piece of all of us will die.” — Rep. John Lewis (D-GA)
4. “Ask Osama bin Laden and the 22-out-of-30 top al-Qaida leaders who’ve been taken off the field whether I engage in appeasement. Or whoever is left out there, ask them about that.” — Barack Obama
5. “It’s a food product, essentially.” — Fox News Megyn Kelly on pepper spray
6. “To be clear: I believe in evolution and trust scientists on global warming. Call me crazy.” — Jon Huntsman in a tweet
7. “Corporations are people, my friend.” — Mitt Romney
8. “Don’t blame banks! I’m tired of hearing this crap!” — Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) to a constituent
9. “The consumer is simply an income stream and exploiting that is the purpose of the bank.” — JPMorgan banker
10. “It is tragic what we do in the poorest neighborhoods, entrapping children in, first of all, child laws, which are truly stupid.” — Newt Gingrich on poor children
11. “There is nobody in this country who got rich on his own. Nobody.” — Elizabeth Warren