Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
i would just like to let people know that this new pope Bergoglio (Francesco I) has collaborated with a coup d’état in Argentina which ended with 30000 people dead, all of them innocent and he opposed gay marriage in Argentina (which luckily still passed) calling it the “war of God” and he’s known for being not only a homophobe but a plain son of a bitch who supported oppressors and I just can’t believe people here are celebrating this.
This is just tragic.
The New Pope is a War Criminal
Well that didn’t take long. Looks to me like Pope Ratfucker was just a placeholder for this guy until the whole “we covered up a massacre” thing blew over. This article from 2011:
…in the week before Christmas in the city of Córdoba Videla and some of his military and police cohorts were convicted by their country’s courts of the murder of 31 people between April and October 1976, a small fraction of the killings they were responsible for. The convictions brought life sentences for some of the military. These were not to be served, as has often been the case in Argentina and neighbouring Chile, in comfy armed forces retirement homes but in common prisons. Unsurprisingly there was dancing in the city’s streets when the judge announced the sentences.
What one did not hear from any senior member of the Argentine hierarchy was any expression of regret for the church’s collaboration and in these crimes. The extent of the church’s complicity in the dark deeds was excellently set out by Horacio Verbitsky, one of Argentina’s most notable journalists, in his book El Silencio (Silence). He recounts how the Argentine navy with the connivance of Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, now the Jesuit archbishop of Buenos Aires, hid from a visiting delegation of the Inter-American Human Rights Commission the dictatorship’s political prisoners. Bergoglio was hiding them in nothing less than his holiday home in an island called El Silencio in the River Plate. The most shaming thing for the church is that in such circumstances Bergoglio’s name was allowed to go forward in the ballot to chose the successor of John Paul II. What scandal would not have ensued if the first pope ever to be elected from the continent of America had been revealed as an accessory to murder and false imprisonment
So, the first Pope ever to be elected from the continent of America had been revealed as an accessory to murder and false imprisonment.
The new Pope is from my country. A PSA.
- Things you should focus on: first latinamerican pope.
- Things that shouldn’t scandalize you: the accusations that relate him to the last dictatorship. It wasn’t just him, but the whole argentine Church, JSYK.
- Things you should know: while the world was focusing on Bergoglio being Argentinian and Latinamerican and Jesuit and the first Francesco, the argentine Goverment went straight into said accusations of him having shady relations with the military dictatorship.
- Things you should know and remember every-single-time the Kirchnerists point their fingers and cry “you were with the dictatorship!” to automatically discredit anyone that doesn’t serve their interests: SO WERE THEY. The Kirchners worked under the dictatorship, search the “1050”. They were also menemists. Google that too. They never mention that, as if ignoring their past could simply erase it.
- Things you learn being argentinian: TRUST NO ONE.