On The Agenda This Weekend
The Rogue Valley is full of fun and sunshine this weekend. It’s the perfect time to stay and play local. Here’s what you can find going on this weekend:
SATURDAY JUNE 8, 2013
1. Medford Beer Week kicks off this weekend at Hanley Farm in Central Point. Grub down on good food, dance to live bands, and drink up, because the beer will be flowing. The party starts at noon. http://medfordbeerweek.com/?page_id=5
2. Later on stop by Beerworks in downtown Medford for the Oakshire Tap Take Over. Try all their best brews on tap. Mmm Mmm Mmm!
2. On your way out to Hanley Farm stop by Wild River Pizza for their new beer release, the Double Cross Lager. If you don’t have time though, you can stop by anytime next week because it will be featured all week long.
3. If you like to golf and drink beer head on over to Stoneridge Golf Club in Eagle Point for the annual charity golf tournament. Assemble your best golf team and prepare to throw down a few pints.
4. When is the last time you sang some karaoke? The Trophy Club in downtown Medford is hosting the Lagunitas Brewery Pint Night, which includes karaoke. Whoo hoo!
Now that we have beer drinking taken care of, wine is up next!
5. This Saturday is the annual Taste of Summer with the Britt Festivals in downtown Jacksonville. Celebrate the opening of Britt by drinking fabulous local wine and eating lots of food. Check out the Wine Walk which features 21 wineries holding tastings all over town. Wait, there is more beer drinking to be done! They threw a beer garden in the mix too (it’s only the right thing to do, considering it is Medford Beer Week). You can also check out the farmer’s market while you’re there drinking wine and beer, and dancing to music in the streets of Jacksonville. http://jacksonvilleoregon.com/events-activities/taste-of-summer-britt-festival-opening/
5. While you’re in Jacksonville try some wine from South Stage Cellars. Every Saturday you can stop by for Saturday Pairings and listen to music, eat some cheese, and drink lots of yummy wine. Sounds fabulous! http://southstagecellars.com/
6. In the mood for a laugh? Really though, who isn’t? Stop by Chadwicks Pub and Sports Bar for comedy night. Grab some dinner, some drinks, and prepare for some laughs. Hehe.
Okay that now we have covered all the great drinking options you have for Saturday, there are some great family things to do this weekend too.
7. As usual the Saturday farmer’s markets are in both downtown Medford and Ashland. Tons of great local vendors, food, drinks, and homemade crafts are featured each week, just waiting for you to come and take them home with you!
8. Ashland is hosting ‘Art for the Garden and Home’ on Saturday. Check out art from 25 featured artists at this unique event. After you enter for FREE you will gaze upon awesome metal work, glass work, ceramics, paintings, jewelry, paper art, and OMG more! You can find this event at 421 Prim St. and 447 Pape St. off of Wimer St.
9. Have I mentioned the Medford Cruise starts this weekend?! This annual event is an ongoing tradition in Medford enjoyed and loved by locals and by a lot of out-of-towners. This weekend is the drift event featuring the Mercedes Benz National Drift Team Exhibitions. OooOoo sounds fast! Your entire family will enjoy this high speed, crazy fun, tire burning show.http://medfordcruise.org/event/drift-event/
10. It’s Kid’s Night at the Southern Oregon Speedway on Saturday night. Watch races from Winged Sprints, B Mod, Pro Stocks, Mini Stocks, and Thrill Cars. Thrill cars? Hmm sounds thrilling!!
SUNDAY JUNE 9, 2013
Okay back to beer drinking! Come on, it’s Medford Beer Week.
11. This sounds delightful: Beer and Cheese Tasting with Rogue Creamery at Beerworks in Medford. Try award winning cheeses paired with award winning beers. Sounds like a rewarding afternoon from 3pm – 6pm.
12. Stop by Apocalypse Brewing in Medford for a collaboration release party. Enjoy a frosty pint of delicious beer at their unique venue. The beer tasting room has a giant garage door that slides open, where you can sit inside, sit outside, or if you’re daring sit inside and outside at the same time. Okay, okay… but really, it’s sweet.
13. Kickballers unite! Schoolhaus Brewhaus in Jacksonville is hosting a Deschutes Brewery Kickball Tournament. Round up a team of at least 7 of your most awesomely skilled, kickball kickers and prepare for domination. Winners will bring home the Deschutes Kickball Championship Cup. Oh and don’t’ forget about drinking all that great beer from Deschutes Brewery.
Well, now you have 13 fantastically amazing and fun things to do this weekend. Of course you have to be 21 to enjoy most of them, but if you’re not 21 you can be the designated driver! Yay. Hope you all have another great weekend in our wonderful Rogue Valley.