Jane had been preparing for weeks now. Archery was to be part of the ceremony. Clint had been teaching her on Earth, and he’d taught her well. She was a fast learner, anyway.
In Asgard, she learned from the best. She practiced for hours at a time, wrapping herself in it. When Thor asked why she was so concerned, she merely said that she wanted it to be perfect. She wanted the flaming arrow to go straight through the very center of the hoop where it belonged.
The day of the ceremony, she let herself be dressed, let her maids take care of her hair and her ceremonial outfit. She had her bow and arrows with her.
She was ready.
Standing outside several hours later, it seemed that all of Asgard was watching her every move. Thor, Loki, Frigga, and Odin watched from a distance. Jane’s nerves had disappeared early in the morning, melting away as she became more sure of herself with every step she took. When she finally pulled the flaming arrow back with her bow, she took a deep breath.
Upon her exhale, she turned her aim, and released. The arrow whizzed through the air.
Jane knew what she had to do. She knew that there was no way for her worlds - Asgard and Midgard - to live peacefully unless she turned her arrow.
Clint had taught her to aim for one target while looking at a completely different one.
Despite what Thor said, she knew nothing else could be done.
The arrow hit its target, piercing through the stolen prince’s eye and getting stuck at the back of his skull where his helm prevented it from going any further. Even through the cries of the Aesir, Jane knew she had done exactly what was necessary, no matter the cost.
[ THERE. I KILLED LOKI. DON’T CRAWL INTO A HOLE PLEASE. ]
OH MY GOD.
Technology seriously hates me.
My internet went out for 30 minutes, and the company’s automated machine said it was at my end. So, I made this long post on my phone ranting about it, and then my app crashes, and my internet is back.
Seriously. What the fuck.
I don’t even know where to begin with that.
I just kinda want to kill something.
Either that or have feels.
I dunno. Either works.
- #oh yey i am glad that last piece i posted is getting notes again
- #dang i actually like this piece of shit
- #like i put actual effort in and everything
- #despite the nature of the stupid cursed photoshop file
- #so it makes me pleased because
- #i was gonna be like dang no one likes this but me
- #dang is the word i use when disappointed
My brain is really weird, now that I think about it.
sometimes I have to stop and think for a moment on what language people are speaking. Like today in gym as this one kid was running past me he said, “one two three four” and I thought he said “eins zwei drei vier”
Also sometimes when I’m reading, as I’m picturing it in my head it kind of seems like a glitch, because one little action will just continue to happen over and over. Like if some one falls over, they’ll continue to fall over and if I try to stop imagining them falling over and over again it only gets worse.
I really don’t feel this is normal.
- #so i had to have a ~~~talk~~~ with my dad
- #wtf is the actual point in giving me a smart phone and not allowing me to use the internet
- #and he gave this whole speech
- #which including something about me being fresh to my mom and that was why he needs to be careful
- #and at some point he said
- #'you're 15. i'm 48. i'm wiser. nothing you say to try and justify yourself will override my point.'
- #and i was like