- *lightbulb flickers while amy’s talking to her makeup artist*
- “at long last, it’s christmas!”
- *lightbulb not fitting at rory’s house*
- “dad, I’m 31, I don’t have a christmas list anymore.”
- *lightbulbs flickering and in the wrong time period*
- “has someone been peaking at my christmas list?”
On the Changing Colours of the Doctor Who Title Sequence
I know I’m not the only person to have noticed that the filter on the Doctor Who credits has slowly darkened over the past 3 episodes:
(image shamelessly stolen from here)
Same deal at the end of the title sequence, as seen here:
At first I got annoyed, thinking it was just crappy editing trying to shake things up a little. But the fact that it’s been happening over every episode (and in particular ATCM) makes me wonder whether it’s leading up to something different.
Perhaps it’s a visual representation of the darker side of the Doctor’s personality coming through. Or the darker undertones of the series overall.
I’m terrified at the idea that come episode 5 it’s going to be completely black, leading to something absolutely heartbreaking to end the Pond’s tenure.
Either that, or completely black, leading to a weeping angel reaching through your TV.