Follow posts tagged #asked and answered in seconds.Sign up
Do you mind if people draw art based on your fics? <3
the question here should be ‘do those people mind having a shimmy surgically attached to their body parts forever after’ because to me it is the greatest honor and i will honestly definitely certainly give all my tentacles in marriage for it.
but anyway the answer is ‘i do not mind’ and also (pants)
seriously i can’t really conceive of anything that makes me more overwhelmed and overwhelming. i feel like a kirkwall apostate who has suddenly found a champion. i feel like i’ve gone from zero to blasto in no time flat.
What do you wish people better understood about you?
I saved this question because I wasn’t very sure how to answer it. I’ve always been very open and honest here, more so than in any other area of my life. But it is still such a small part of me.
I have written before about how dismaying it is to feel like nobody really understand you, but they assume that they do because they read the pieces and bits that you write down and publish. I would love to make people understand how there are millions of tiny pieces that make me, and that the little bits that I choose to say are nothing compared to the composite.
This is fun for me, and therapeutic, and there are times that I have revealed my true feelings about this or that. But I honestly feel like there is no way that I could ever sit down and just write it all, I would die long before that story was ever finished.
But there are also parts of me that none of you get to have. They are mine. Someday I will give them to someone else, but only when I know that they will hold those parts with complete reverence.
hi! c: what are some key things, and interesting things to know about benedict?
Or, “Z is a creeper let me show you how”
- “full” name is Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch; originally used his father’s name/stage name as his own (Timothy Carlton) until an agent told him his actual name would help him stand out
- natural auburn
- biggest regret is not being a dad by 32 (he turned 36 this past summer)
- kidnapped alongside actress Denise Black when he was in South Africa (during the filming period of To the Ends of the Earth) and basically acted his way out [x]
- despite going to Harrow, he didn’t grow up with a golden spoon in his mouth (his grandmother paid for most of his fees & tuition and, when many of his classmates went abroad for the holidays, he went to his gran’s in Brighton)
- played Titania, Queen of the Fairies in school and was such a hit, he was cast as a/the lead female role in the next year’s Shakespeare production (I think it was Twelfth Night)
- originally intended to be a lawyer before he decided to do what he wanted and loved to do instead (thank goodness!)
- has a mild (mild IMO) lisp, which I think is less noticeable these days (probably be force of habit with all the interviews he does lately)
- lived in a Tibetan monastery and taught English to Tibetan children (and some adults) during his off year
- has (I think it’s this one) central heterochromia, which is why his eyes look different colours a lot
- mates with Matt Smith, who calls Ben ‘Sherly’ in the halls (of the BBC studios I suppose?)
- also mates with David Tennant
- fuck, he’s just mates with a lot of amazing actors okay?
- did an audio book recording of
CasablancaCasanova (which I have been debating for a while now on whether or not to purchase)
- rides a motorbike and skydives and looks fucking ace in a leather jacket
Okay, I’m done being creeptacular. Going to go hide in shame now.
what is going on with the creator/fan thing?
so, basically, somebody in lbd fandom made a post talking about how rachel kiley (the writer of much of the lydia content and an active tumblr user) had lydia and wix making out in the last episode but was probably butthurt that people still only care about darcy. the post seemed very tongue-in-cheek, not really critical of rachel, and pretty much like a joke. ashley clements and mary kate wiles voiced their displeasure about the post in question. fandom is now voicing their displeasure at a.clem’s and mkwiles’s displeasure. (see here. and here. and here.)
basically, tumblr is a shared space but the boundaries of that sharing are ill-defined and causing tension. and i see both sides of the argument: the cast and crew want to engage with the fandom in a reciprocal capacity and witness firsthand both the squee and the critical assessments of their work and the show’s content. otoh, fandom sometimes has things to say that they’d rather not say directly to the people responsible for creating that content, and rightfully so. i personally love having the cast and crew around the tag and the fandom; except for when it makes me feel weird inside.
it’s a sticky wicket, man. it’s a wicket that sticks.
I'm 90% sure I read fanfiction at one point where Rose as The Bad Wolf sees Rachel at the end of her timeline and takes a moment to comfort her. It's been several years though so I'm not positive if it happened exactly like that in the fic.
I’m pretty sure I’ve read the one you’re talking about, yes.
But now I really want to read an Animorphs-as-Companions-of-The-Doctor fic.
I'm just wondering, how can anyone ship cortana and the chief? She's just a hologram, right?
I think there have been a lot of arguments with this and the “shippers” tend to say, “A romantic relationship can still be romantic without physical contact, etc.” Which is true… I ship it because, I don’t know, I connect with them both as characters and I’ve been in love with them since 2001. I mean, Cortana chose Chief because of his neural compatibility - in a way they are more than physically connected because he “uploads” her into his neural interface. Because of this, they know each other and, seriously, if you were with someone - even if it was an AI - for so long, going through the things they’ve gone through, surely you’d start to have deep, immense feelings for them.
As we all know, Chief isn’t much of a “talker” - he speaks very sparingly - and we hear Halsey say at the start of Halo 4 that he was showing signs of “sociopathy”. Cortana is so great because Bungie deliberately made her to slowly reveal Chief’s humanity. She’s wry and witty with her jokes, especially the ones aimed at him. She’s a friend and a companion to Chief, and she pokes revealing holes into his tough-guy exterior, showing that he can also be pretty wry himself. She brings out the best in him, you could say. Their connection is just amazing, you’d be a fool to say otherwise.
Saying she’s “just a hologram” is pretty ignorant, no offence, dear anon. She’s more than a hologram - she’s a smart AI, she’s a clone of a human brain with thoughts, memories, feelings, ambitions. She’s Cortana.
This is a relationship that we as an audience and as gamers and some of us “shippers” have been watching for years - watching it grow and also becoming emotionally involved as well.How else can I explain it? My question is, why not ship them?
Thank you for the interesting ask, though! :)
Don't get mad but can you explain why on earth are you a stelena fan, like seriously, they are just so boring together. What makes you like them? o.o
I’m not mad at all actually, its a very good question with a very long answer. But I’l try to make it as short as I can!
What first drew me to Stefan and Elena was their overwhelming equality. The chance for a power imbalance is huge, because Stefan is a vampire, and not only is he physically stronger, but he is also much older, and he has the ability to manipulate her mind. But from the very first, they were equals. Elena had as much right to call the shots in their relationship as Stefan did, and they had a mutual respect for each other. They wanted the same things from life—to live, happy, with their friends and family safe. And they both want to live, not just exist. Stefan lets Elena make her own decisions, but he also calls her out when her choices are dumb. They believe in each other, even when both of them do bad things. There is never a sense that one of them is holding anything over the other. And they are not the only things that matter in each others lives. Elena has her friends, and Stefan loves her enough to know how important those people are. Stefan has his own friends and family, and Elena respects their place in his life. Their relationship is hardly easy, but I also don’t think it takes more than it gives. There is an equality and a balance to it. They make each other want to be alive. And they can have fun together and be happy—Stefan makes her laugh and she makes him smile, and there is this lightness to the two of them when they are together. There is also a maturity about their relationship which I love; neither of them have to sacrifice themselves for the relationship to work. (Even though Stefan thinks he does.) Their love isn’t conditional. And I know a lot of people say its dull and boring—but this is actually usually the kind of relationship people want.
I suppose you are also asking because you are a Delena shipper(?), so I’ll address why I don’t ship them. My biggest issue with Damon is that he is a controller. Damon can only exist in a relationship when he controls how it goes—see Andie and Caroline. He is possessive and manipulative, and when Elena is with him, she doesn’t have power. Damon has it all and he knows it. He is intimidating, physically and emotionally, and he forces all of that onto Elena. I mean, how many times have we seen Damon physically intimidate control Elena? (Now think about how many times Stefan has “moved her”.) And think about Damon—he has no issues with compulsion, with the removal of free will for his own purposes. That to me is a huge issue, and one that shouldn’t be ignored. And Damon doesn’t care about what Elena wants, or what is important, mostly because they don’t want the same things. Elena wants to live—Damon is content with existing, as long as he gets what he wants. Elena cares about people, about her family and friends—Damon just wants what he wants, and he doesn’t care about who it hurts. And yeah, they have a connection, and some kind of spark, and I’m sure it seems romantic that he just wants her, just wants to take care of her, change for her. But the thing is, Damon doesn’t want to change for her. He wants to do what he wants to do, and have Elena too. Its the kind of relationship that I think seems sexy and exciting, until your realize its just manipulative, abusive, and controlling.
Anyway, that was crazy long winded, but there you go. Thanks for asking!
Why does Red Skulls nose disappear, and his skin turn red?
It depends on the time era and continuity weʻre talking about. In the 616 canon, during WWII, Hitler has Johann wear a mask that resembled a realistic skull to strike fear into the enemies of the Nazis.
But if you fast forward a bit to about 1989, Johann was able to transfer his mind into a clone of Steveʻs body. His plan was to use John Walker (the current Captain America) to kill Steve (who was the Captain at the time). When that failed, Schmidt tried to kill Steve with his signature weapon, the Dust of Death, which literally turns the victimʻs head into a red skull. At the last moment, Walker was able to throw his shield at Schmidt, causing Johann to inhale to dust on accident. But thanks to the enhanced physiology of the cloned Steve body he was in, he didnʻt die, but still suffered from the disfigurement caused by the dust.
Now if weʻre talking about Sin, Johannʻs daughter, she got her red skull from being caught in an explosion during the events of Captain America: Reborn.
And finally, in the Ultimate canon, the Red Skull is the illegitimate child of Steve and his wartime sweetheart, Gail Richards. Raised on an army base for most of his life in an attempt to unlock the secrets of the Super Soldier Serum, he seemed to be a normal kid, until he turned 17 and killed over 200 men who were on the base with him. After his rampage, he cuts off his face as an act of rejection and defiance against his father.
Mormor | Jim is an animal rights activist, Sebby hunts tigers
“You’re fecking disgusting.” Jim glared at the tiger skin on Sebastian’s bed.
“Yeah,” Seb shrugged his shoulders and continued unbuttoning Jim’s shirt, “Says the bloke who just told me he skins people for fun.”
“People aren’t endangered,” Moriarty leaned up to catch Moran’s lips in his teeth before pulling back with a sneer, “And you’re not fucking me on that poor animals’ carcass.”
all the asks NAO
- AURORA: Story of your first kiss
- haha it was weird.
- RAPUNZEL: 5 things from your bucket list
- DORY: Something someone has told you that you can’t forget (two good things and one bad)
- 1. “I love you.”
2. “You’re the most important person in my life. I haven’t trusted anyone before, and I wasn’t even sure that I wanted to. But I need you.” (I’ve got that one memorized.)
3. “Your Nana [grandfather] is no more.”
- POCAHONTAS: Something new you taught someone.
- I tutor people all the time, does that count? I taught my sister how to write. Her alphabets, spelling, and finally essays and paragraphs. It’s been the best experience, because I literally started with scratch with her and watched her grow :’)
- MULAN: Do you trust your gut feeling? What happened.
- All the time, and I’m usually right. Do I act on it? No. Does it get me into trouble? All the time.
- JASMINE: The story of when you had to really trust someone. Was it easy?
- I don’t trust easily, and every single time I have has ended badly. It’s difficult, to answer the question. And I’ve vowed to never do it again.
- BELLE: Is there someone you are close to who no one else likes? What’s the story?
- No, I don’t think so.
- ARIEL: Where do you think you belong, and why?
- FLOUNDER: Something that surprised you and frightened you.
- Marching band. I was petrified until I started loving it.
- ERIC: Have you ever helped a stranger? What happened.
- I helped a stranger as a hair salon find the right anti-frizz for her hair LOL
- ALADDIN: A sacrifice you made for someone.
- Urgh giving up the last slice of cake.
- No, most of the time I put others’ comfort ahead of my own, so I make sacrifices all over the place. It kind of sucks. Thank you’s would be nice, but I never get them LOL
- TIANA: A time you tried the hardest for something.
- Marching band. I lost that battle this year.
- BOO: A childhood hero.
- My neighborhood garbage man. I wanted to grow up and be him.
- Also, my dad. He’s a successful man who established himself from nothing, and I have nothing but respect for him for doing that. (I have a lot of feels about that one)
- CRUELLA: Something you really want but you aren’t allowed to have.
- An iPhone (I know what you’re thinking LOL)
- SEVEN DWARFS: 7 things you like in the people around you.
- My mom is next to me, so is this supposed to be about her? She’s funny, supportive, a GREAT cook, she has really firm morals and I really respect that, she lives for herself, not to please others, and she looks just like me so she’s really pretty too ;D
- KRONK: What you are best at in the kitchen?
- making brownies.
- SIMBA: Something a parent has taught you.
- That I am the most important person in my life, and my world should not revolve around pleasing/being/beating/watching/comparing myself to other people. My success is not defined by my peers.
- CINDERELLA: ”A dream is a wish your heart makes” What’s that for you?
- To be happy with myself.
- NEMO: Your bravest moment.
- I don’t know, to be honest.
- TERK: Are you a big brother/sister figure to anyone?
- My sister? LOL.
- BUZZ: Your favourite fantasy world (aka Harry Potter, Star Wars), if any.
- Harry Potter.
- ALICE: Done drugs?
- PETER PAN: Something from your childhood that you still love.
- My pink pillow. I can’t sleep without it, and I always need to snuggle with it if I’m crying.
- MERIDA: What are you most passionate about?
- Writing, music.
If you had to choose a new Suits author that was writing good stories, who would it be? I feel like I'm constantly reading the same stuff! There is nothing new out there. HELP ME.
I hear you, anon. I feel like there isn’t a lot of new Suits fics and it makes me very sad.
So, my fave Suits fic authors are:
Admittedly most of those authors aren’t really “new” but I hope you can find something you haven’t read in there. :O)