I'm really nervous about how the movies are going to portray Thranduil (not acting-wise because Lee Pace is brilliant, rather writing-wise) because in the trailer Thranduil seems to know what the dwarves are doing in his forest so, him imprisoning them would be deemed unfair and would cast him as the villain, which he is not. Man, I hope the writers did justice to his character or I'm going to be pissed. I know this isn't a question but I feel like you would understand my concern.
Anon you just wrote my thoughts down.
Since Thranduil obviously know Thorin and judging from the trailer he also guesses what they’re doing, all the things that justifies him for imprisoning them are taken away. Which just leaves him to be a complete, dwarf racist asshole and that bothers me too.
We already saw this in AUJ; Thranduil was used to make the watchers sympathize with Thorin’s hatred for elves. The audience is supposed to root for the dwarves, and Thranduil was used in a way to “create” Thorin’s character, to show why he hate elves. That bothers me. They didn’t have to put Thranduil in that situation to make people understand that Thorin hates elves.
The Erebor incident scene is quite interesting if you’ve read The Hobbit, and more importantly The Unfinished Tales (aka the book were you read about Thranduil’s backstory), so if you know of Thranduil and his story, the scene is quite interesting, but for the common watcher, he will just be a huge dick.
That is a bit frustrating. In the book he makes a lot of good deeds, but people are very keen on forgetting that and only remember that he imprisoned the dwarves. Now, with the Erebor incident, half of the audience is against him and by taking away his reasons for taking the dwarves as prisoners, the thing we have left is him being reduced to some sort of semi-villain, just as I feared after watching AUJ in the cinema.
At least Lee Pace will play whatever scene he gets perfectly, and at least Thranduil will be beautiful. But I fear for his storyline, and even more the reaction to him after DoS. The Thranduil bashing was horrible after AUJ and I don’t want to think how bad it might be this december.
hei, I'm looking for a tatto i dont know what and where i should make it but i know it should be black and white but i cant find anyone which i like ... can you help me ? im 16 and you can ook on my photo and maybe say what suits me if you want and hav time..
you want a tattoo that you don’t know what, you’re 16 and it must be something that suits you. google says:
I hate this question more than any other question in the world, but I just feel the need to ask this: If you could save only one dbsk member from burning house, who would you save? Sincerely, the bored anon~
^ actually me rn bcos i’m eating lunch
HOONESTLYYYY I’d save Yoochun
because HoSu are athletes
And Jaemin have supernatural strength
so I’d trust them to be able to save themselves
while Yoochun would probably be wearing his flip flops
and with all the smoke and shiz, his asthma would be acting up and poor bb would be having a hard time so I would save him
how do you know he hasn't decided yet? do you honestly think he's actually considering it? cause sometimes, i don't really think he is.
He is considering it, but I think people need to chill about this thing.
Jeff has made it clear that he’ll make Sterek happen if it fits the story as he continue writing it. Nothing less, nothing more. He’s so positive about our love for Sterek and he appreciate the passion for two of his characters. This doesn’t mean he’s gonna drop all his plans and just threw them together to please us. He’ll keep it in mind, knowing we want it, and if it doesn’t fall out of Derek and Stiles’ character then he might do it when the time comes.
I trust Jeff and I wouldn’t want him to write the show any differently than he wants to.
Just found your blog, and I might already have shed a tear or two over some of the things I've seen/read here. Disney is probably my biggest passion, and finding people who share the same love (and passion) for it is amazing. I'm in love with your blog! Keep up the good work! x
Aw thanks babe, people like you make me jsdhrgkjsdrgsdrg.
Yes helpful warning tag, I checked the FAQ. :P This may sound stupid just.... Things are kind of mad right now. I'm overwhelmed and stressed. I'm starting to work out but I can't go to the school gym because summer break just started and I can't afford the $5 a day. Just... I dunno, any ideas on how to calm down and organize and de-pressure my life? I know this is vague, and I realize this probably isn't an easy question to answer. Just thought I'd ask if you had any thoughts on my vagueness.
- Take some time to yourself. You said that you’re overwhelmed, so you need some down time. Set aside 15-60 minutes a day to do something you enjoy. This could be reading in a hot bath, going for a jog around a local park, or baking cookies for your nice neighbors. But give yourself some time to be yourself and focus on yourself.
- Don’t worry about a gym. If you can’t afford it, you don’t need it right now. It might be nice to go now and again to do some lifting, but you can still work out without it. Look into bodyweight exercises that you can do at home. Find a local pool or safe lake and go swimming with friends. Join an outdoor workout group. Invest in a few dumbbells or kettlebells to use at home.
- Learn to breathe. Deep breaths, full breaths, all the time. It sounds weird, but trust me, it’ll help you relax. Before you go to sleep, just get comfortable in bed and breathe.
- Get a planner. Schedule in the things you need to do, then write in (in pencil) the stuff you’d like to do, but are flexible with. Find an organization system that works for you so you have less to remember.
- Replace things you don’t need and don’t want to do with things you enjoy. If you hate going to that book club every Wednesday night, stop going and try a yoga class instead. Take the money you’re spending on salty Chinese takeout and invest it into some Tupperware so you can bring your own delicious meals from home with you to work.
Hopefully some of that can help you!