Do It Yourself: Summer bows
I decided to make something out of used things so here’s a bow to fit the season. And since I badly need art in my life, I used up some time and try to be as productive as possible. It’s not perfect though, considering I’m not a pro.
- A needle, a thread, scissors
- Cloth. As for mine, I used a cotton fabric. The design depends on you, I used a broken bendable hairband from Bianca’s shop, re-use as they say.Cut out an 8-inch long cloth and a 1-inch short cloth. The length depends on you as well. Remember, the longer the cloth, the bigger the bow!
- An elastic wire
1. First off, lay down your LONG cloth, take the ends of it, then overlap it with each other like in the picture shown above.
2. After it’s overlapped, sew the two ends of the cloth until it’s fully combined. You can use any color of thread you like because it won’t be visible in the end result. In my case, I don’t know how to sew properly so pardon me for that.
3. The next thing you have to do, is carefully pinch the cloth in the middle making it look like a bow. Then enhance the volume by puffing the cloth so it would look more elevated and realistic. Don’t take off your hand just yet, put some elastic wire in the middle to secure the appearance. Make sure that it’s wrapped firmly.
4. Now wrap the short cloth in the middle of the bow leaving the elastic wire hidden. Fix the look of your newly-made bow and you’re done! Easy?
You can accessorize this by putting some clips so that it can transform into a hair bow! There are a lot of unique things you can do with a simple bow. Be creative. Try it yourself.