Follow posts tagged #ao13 in seconds.Sign up
Can I just talk about Nicolas Almagro for a second?
- This match was flat out amazing. For both players.
- Almagro worked so hard throughout the whole match. He had so many opportunities to defeat Ferrer in this match. He just couldn’t close it out, but he kept going, and that is what a dedicated player does.
- He was injured! but he wanted to continue, maybe to win, but to at least finish, and when Ferrer won that 4th game, Almagro knew he wasn’t going to win. He didn’t give it up until it was the final game. He let the point go because he knew Ferrer deserved this match after the two of them working so hard, Ferrer wasn’t injured, and Almagro knew he couldn’t continue fighting anymore because both of them were so tired.
- And then how Almagro walked off the court like they were just two buddies, a pat on the back and he was to the locker room. It was just very cool, kinda suave.
- The whole time, I was rooting for Ferrer, but at some points I thought he was going to lose. I’m really happy Almagro lost the way he did. He was very cool about it. He’s a great player. And an awesome person.