How would you react if your girlfriend told you she was raped?
I would die inside and it would hurt me to imagine the pain she went through and how it made her who she was and changed the way she perceived things but when she would tell me, i wouldn’t say a word because her parents, friends, loved ones must have used enough of those, i would just pull her close and hug her really tight until i knew that we’d both be okay.
You asked a question, here's the answer:
You make me think
I like that about you
You want to know
Why, and how, and what
I never thought to ask myself
You push me to grow
But in ways that excite me
You look at me
And your eyes SEE
I never saw in myself
You draw me out
Coaxing me to glow
You hold me til I shine
And you don’t mind
I never allowed myself
I think ya'll are super dope but I wish you would be even doper by calling out theesatisfation for playing michfest. I haven't heard a peep from ya'll.
Sarcasm was buy one get one free today at the store. We stocked up.
A couple of (not really)shamey things:
1. (not really) shame on us ‘cause despite our rocking with them in TO for pride in late June and generally being their friends we didn’t know they were playing Michfest. We should be keeping better track of where our international music friends play sets.
2. (not really)shame on us for not being plugged into Michfest at ALL. Once we understood Michfest to be anti-trans *WE* chucked up the deuce. Basically any talk about Michfest probably got washed out by more accessible, meaningful community gatherings not rife with antiquated separatism and monotone diversity.
On to TheeSatisfaction — are they going in solidarity with transwomen? Are they planning to speak up on stage? Do they have the information they need to make their decisions about performing Michfest? Are they plugged into the political implications of Michfest? Are they planning to sing a song about a genderless mandyke who sips peaceflowers and appreciates the safe space Michfest creates around sexual-identity (ie., will they let their sarcastic, subversive feathers fly)? The answer to all of these questions is: We don’t know. So before we reach the next level of dopeness-to-you we’re going to go ahead and do what you didn’t. We’re going to reserve judgement, not make hasty conclusions, reach out, share our position and ask questions.
And frankly, we’re not going to do it publicly. Loving conversations meant to challenge friends and specific people aren’t for you.
You could’ve articulated this a number of ways but it’s actually great that you phrased your statement just like this. It wasn’t a question or a concern. It displays a type of ownership over how you think WE should handle this.
Does that sound like the way community is effectively and lovingly built, by carrot-sticking your ultra approval? Nah. But good looking out on our homies. We’ll def be in touch.
Will you give a quick tutorial on pricing commissions? I'm considering opening some up but I don't know how much I should charge (traditional and digital)
- be careful not to underprice yourself
- you can start (relatively) small if you’re afraid (of god knows what) and then gradually build up prices (along with your confidence)
- compare other artists’ prices
- check this tutorial out
good luck (◕ω◕✿)