You've only read 40 books since January last year? You're a bookworm?
Wow, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that there are now requirements to be considered a bookworm. I’ll just take down my blog and stop calling myself a bookworm and tell everyone that I’ve only read 40 books in the past year, so I’m not worthy of the title.
Seriously though, I find this to be very rude.
A bookworm is someone who genuinely appreciates books and likes to read. What more would would require? I don’t think it is fair to look down on someone just because they read less books than you or aren’t what you would “expect” of a bookworm.
As much as I wish this was the case, I can’t sit around reading all day. I have school, I have a job, I have an internship coming up, I have friends. And while I hate to admit it, I can be a bit of a slow reader when I don’t have four or five hours to sit down and do nothing but read. I read Deathly Hallows in a day, but that was because I was in high school and it was summer. I don’t have that luxury anymore, especially since my summer break now is three weeks and not three months because i’m graduating in three years instead of four.
I’m not sorry for my sassy answer, even if I get people telling me it was rude. I may be able to handle this little criticism considering I spent my whole life dealing with much more personal hits and I’be gained a thick skin, but there are so many others who would not be able to deal with this as easily and it could hurt them and I hate that. It is things like this that turn people off from joining fandoms and communities, such as the book loving community, and that makes me sad. I like introducing people to things I enjoy, but why would they want to stay if they’re being judged?
It’s also a pet peeve of mine when people start geting snobby, for lack of a better word, about being a ‘bookworm’ or a ‘potterhead.’ We should enjoy books together and talk about books together, not create some weird hierarchy just because someone read 100 books since January and I’ve “only” read 40.
Send me numbers guys (:
- 1)Put your phone on shuffle. What are the first 3 songs?
- 2) Favorite quote?
- 3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, write the first sentence.
- 4) What do you think about most?
- 5) Sexual orientation?
- 6) Do you have any strange phobias?
- 7) What is the first thing you notice in new person?
- 8) Hair color?
- 9) Favorite style of clothing?
- 10) What was the last lie you told?
- 11) How do you feel right now?
- 12) Where did you get the idea for your URL?
- 13) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
- 14) Last person you texted?
- 15) How do you vent your anger?
- 16) Are you excited about anything?
- 17) Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
- 18) Best friend?
- 19) What’s your biggest “what if”?
- 20) What is something you disliked about today?
- 21) What was the last book you read?
- 22) Smell the air. What do you smell?
- 23) What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
- 24) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
- 25) To you, what is the meaning of life?
- 26) Can you drive? If so, what kind of car do you drive?
- 27) How can I win you heart?
- 28) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
- 29) Do you have any obsessions right now?
- 30) Top 5 blogs on tumblr?
- 31) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
- 32) What is your astrological sign?
- 33) Have you smoked weed?
- 34) Love or lust?
- 35) In a relationship?
- 36) How many relationships have you had?
- 37) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
- 38) Had a crush on someone of the same sex?
- 39) What did you do last night besides sleep?
- 40) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
- 41) Favourite pizza topping?
- 42) What are you really bad at?
- 43) What do you like about myself?
- 44) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
- 45) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
- 46) What is your current desktop picture?
- 47) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
- 48) What are you going to spend money on next?
- 49) Are you going out with the last person you kissed?
- 50) Do you think you’ll change in the next 3 months?
- 51) Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
- 52) The last time you felt broken?
- 53) Are you in a good mood?
- 54) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
- 55) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
- 56) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
- 57) Best vs worst sex experience?
- 58) How do you view sex?
- 59) What is a topic you love to discuss?
- 60) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Honestly, I don't think anyone, not even cast & crew, expected a fifth season, after the way NBC treated the show after season 3. Can't we simply be content with the show being on the air and stop freaking out about where it's going? If you don't like it, don't watch it. But I care too much about the characters at this point to give up on them now.
Hell yeah! Totally agree with you.
Anonymous asked: What kind of song would each houses sing on a karaoke bar?
WOOOOOAHHHH-OHHHHHHHHH LIVING ON A PRAYYYYERRRR.
LIKE A VIRGIN!!!!! TOUCHED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIIIIIIIIIIIME!
THERE GOES THE BAKER WITH HIS TRAY LIKE ALWAYS
Ok, or really any Disney song.
Hit me baby one more time!
dude, did this fandom die or something?
Awe dude the Vikings are still here, it’s just a bit quieter now the show isn’t airing.
I have been busy with my personal blog, but once Game of Thrones isn’t airing I will be more active.
Also the History Channel has not released many new stills or promos, so there isn’t much for me to edit. And I’m feeling a bit uninspired after the finale.
I feel that the finale backed us into a corner. They killed Gyda (a child ffs) and a lot of us dislike the main character, so that makes things a little difficult.
I have been going through the blog queuing things and I check the tag as much as possible.
Thank-you for following :) Long live VIKINGS!
Anonymous asked: What Disney male character best represents each house? Female? (Doesn't have to be Prince or Princess)
I think someone requested Disney Princesses in the past, so I’m going to ignore them in my selection process
Male: Flynn Rider (Tangled)
Female: Nala (The Lion King)
Oh man hm… I’m not gonna go the easy route so I’m going for good Slytherin Characters.
Male: Jack Skelington (Nightmare Before Christmas)
Female: Corpse Bride
Thank you Tim Burton for representing us Slytherins yay!!!!
For female, I am going to go with Giselle from Enchanted
Male: Bernard from The Rescuers and The Rescuers: Down Under
Male: Flit from A Bug’s Life or Milo from Atlantis
Female: Alice from Alice in Wonderland or Amelia from Treasure Planet