The Ten Commandments of Crafting by Amy Sedaris
I. Remember the crafting day, to keep it hobby.
II. Thou shalt not attempt crafting beyond thy intellectual capacity—a nitwit can’t knit
III. Thou shalt not craft graven images of thy neighbor’s wife.
IV. Thou shalt remember to replace the glue cap so the top of the bottle doesn’t dry out and then thou has to get a pin to poke a hole but they glue never really flows as well as it did before.
V. Thou shalt not fill envelopes with glitter and confetti and send them through the mail.
VI. Thou shalt remember that Popsicle stick crafts only have the illusion of being structurally sound.
VII. Thou shalt not force a mollusk out of its shell by boiling it alive but rather coax it out with a fork when making a shell necklace.
VIII. This craft book, which towers above all other craft books, is a jealous craft book. Though shalt have no other craft books before it.
IX. Remember to honor thy crafting and pastimes for they are a great way to get your mind off all the damage that thou parents did.
X. Though shall not covet thy neighbor’s crafts, even though those crafts look like they are supposed to, and thouist crafts resemble a random pile of yarn.
Just my thoughts
so sooo many people ship RosexTen, not really thinking about Nine at all, but here’s the thing that kinda bothers me.
Besides the fact that Rose’s love for The Doctor started with Nine, Ten was about to bring Madame de Pompadour along with him in the TARDIS after kissing on her and shit while Rose was still there and everyone seems to overlook that. Just saying.
SAGA NYCC PANEL SUMMARY:
- panel line was fucking long as shit and i was scared (briefly) that we wouldn’t get in
- “I asked Fiona to draw the worst thing anyone can draw in issue 7” / “issue 7 has one very… ‘troubling’ page”
- issue 7’s cover is marko slicing up what looks like birds but was implied to be “something else,” issue 8 is alana reading The Book (title is either “A Long Smoke” or “An Evening Smoke” i literally can’t remember) on machinery, and issue nine is THE STALK AND THE WILL TOUCHING EACH OTHER EROTICALLY
- “that’s something for the fanfiction writers” - fiona staples
- also they were generally surprised about how much people loved The Stalk and brian thinks she’s hot (but the sextillion head-leg ladies are nightmarish)
- also it was implied by brian that this upcoming arc (at least 7, 8, 9) will be about the characters’ pasts and how they got where they are when Saga started
- brian k vaughan reads people’s angry criticism of his book online
- prince robot iv will get his own issue in the next arc just about him and his family
- brian: “usually I’m a stoic writer, like ‘I’m going to kill these characters because I am their god’” but then he cried while writing the end of Y: the last man (need 2 read)
- fiona staples freestyled that sextillion scene (the one with the weird junk, u know what i mean i can’t quote page numbers with now) and brian took that as a challenge to make a more disturbing scene that we get to see in… issue 7
- there’s going to be new clothes in the upcoming arc for alana because fiona suggested it, and because it’s been a while, and that it started out as a suggestion from fiona and got “more dramatic” so there’s that to look forward to
- fiona staples makes the whole comic digitally from start to finish, and barely has a pencils stage at all
- there will be another reader survey in an upcoming issue
- brian knows the last panel of the last page but not the exact length of the comic
- issue eight will focus around alana and her soldiering days (“and what a shitty soldier she was” - brian)
- if saga tanked, the rocketship takeoff would have killed everyone inside the ship
- brian and fiona said they’d be interested in doing a lying cat issue, so we might get a lying cat issue!!!! also lying cat is the product of brian drinking gin (joke)
overall it was a really good panel and everyone there asked great questions (mostly) and fiona and brian commented on working together as a team, and how he writes in ambiguity because he enjoys frustrating readers and she draws ambiguity into the setting because it enhances the world by creating unknowns and ahh fiona staples is the reason alana is a woman of color because brian’s only stipulation was “not a redhead” and “he has horns, she has wings, you figure out the rest” and how he writes it like a D&D campaign (his words) and fiona is the one that fills out the setting by drawing the world and giving life to the characters
just what a good set of creators man i am in love for real now
tsundindzuya said: season 8 is actually really good!!! like, i missed him when he left, but the show is doing really great without him still.
i sure hope so cause the episode after he left was really boring me eheh im complaining now but i’ll probably end up watching season 8 anyway
Finished the first season of Doctor Who. Starting the second one.
Great show. Really great. I regret to not have start before.
The only thing that bother me is that I can’t decide which Doctor I love the most. Nine is my Doctor but Ten is absolutely fantastic. I blame myself for loving Ten this must.
I don’t want to forget Nine.