Will's pretty hilarious and all, but sometimes Jem really gives him a run for his money
- Tessa: So you don't ever get angry with him?
- Jem: I would hardly say that. Sometimes I want to strangle him.
- Tessa: How on earth do you prevent yourself?
- Jem: I go to my favorite place in London, and I stand and look at the water, and I think about the continuity of life, and how the river rolls on, oblivious of the petty upsets in our lives.
- Tessa: Does that work?
- Jem: Not really, but after that I think about how I could kill him while he slept if I really wanted to, and then I feel better.