The Drapery FallsOpeth
Spiralling to the ground below
Like Autumn leaves left in the wake to fade
Waking up to your sound again
And lapse into the ways of misery
“I want my music to sound like throwing yourself out of a tree, or off a tall building, or as if you’re being sucked down into the ocean and you can’t breathe. It’s something overwhelming and all-encompassing that fills you up, and you’re either going to explode with it, or you’re just going to disappear.”—Florence Welch is the most quotable person ever.
Songs I'd make babies to.
While on my bus ride home, I found myself thinking about what some of the best love songs I know are. And by love songs I don’t mean any of that meaningless crap that’s on the radio these days. I mean real love songs. Songs I love.
- Yes - Sweetness
- Smashing Pumpkins - Luna
- King Crimson - Cadence and Cascade
- Yes - And You And I
- The Beatles - Something
- Nick Drake - Northern Sky
- The Beatles - Oh! Darling
- Led Zeppelin - Since I’ve Been Loving You (The “The Song Remains the Same” version)
- George Harrison - I’d Have You Anytime
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - I Put A Spell On You
- Genesis - Counting Out Time
- King Crimson - Moonchild
- Donovan - To Sing For You
- Tim Christensen - Love Is A Matter Of…
- Fionn Regan - 1st Day of May
For your convenience I’ve put together a playlist with the songs in case you’ll be making love tonight :) (I updated the link because megaupload has been shut down).
Wrightsville BeachA Loss For Words
“let the waves crash down,
they’ll swallow all of us
and wash away
those memories we tried to save”
wrightsville beach by a loss for words