'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe. "Beware the Jabberwock, my son The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand; Long time the manxome foe he sought— So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came! One, two! One, two! And through and through The vorpal blade went snicker-snack! He left it dead, and with its head He went galumphing back. "And hast thou slain the Jabberwock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy. 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe.
- Lewis Carroll
Going shopping is a weird experience for me because it kind of gives me a form of multiple personality disorder. This is the inner dialogue I had earlier today:
- Alice 1: Hey look! A cherry print crop-top! We should definitely buy this. And hey, it's in the sale!
- Alice 2: Seriously? We are nearly 27. Crop-tops are meant for girls in their teens.
- Alice 1: But it's so cute! And we have to get it because there's only so much more time we can get away with wearing things like that!
- Alice 2: Are you sure that time hasn't already pas-
- Alice 1: SHUT UP! We're still young! WE'RE STILL YOUNG!
- Alice 2: I really think that-
- Alice 1: You know, the more you protest the more I'm going to want it. Maybe if you just give in I'll change my mind.
- Alice 2: Sigh. Okay fine, you can have the stupid crop-top that you'll never have an opportunity to wear. Go on then.
- Alice 1: Lol, I'm not changing my mind.
- Alice 2: DAMN IT!
- Alice 1: Come on, we'll compromise. I'll get the top, and you can get this cute bird print tea dress.
- Alice 2: Well okay then.
- Alice 1: Hey look, sequinned hot-pants!
- Alice 2: NO!!!
- Alice 1: It's okay, even I can admit that that would be a horrible idea.
- Alice 2: I wish we had the legs for hot-pants...
- Alice 1: I know, it's very sad...