“How did I love her? Let me count the ways. The freckles on her nose like the shadow of a shadow; the way she chewed on her lower lip when she walked and how when she ran she looked like she was born going fast and how she fit perfectly against my chest; her smell and the touch of her lips and her skin, which was always warm, and how she smiled. Like she had a secret. How she always made up words during Scrabble. Hyddym (secret music). Grofp (cafeteria food). Quaw (the sound a baby duck makes). How she burped her way through the alphabet once, and I laughed so hard I spat out soda through my nose. And how she looked at me like I could save her from everything bad in the world. This was my secret: she was the one who saved me.”—Alex Side Story in Requiem, Lauren Oliver
the last thing i saw coming (alex/lena fanmix)
i love you. remember. they cannot take it.
001. one & only - teitur. i’ve been wishing on a star / but i never could have imagined / i would land just where you are / after all this lonesome travelling / do you want to play these cards / do you want to lay them down? / do you want to run away / or do you want to stick around? / do you want to be my one and only love?
002. you get me - nolwenn leroy. if i say no / if i resist / if i don’t give in to this / will it be a lesson or a loss? / suddenly the walls are coming down / i won’t be the same when i come around / it’s hard to ignore an undeniable truth / this feeling inside when i look at you
003. my blue heaven - taking back sunday. i’m both a patient boy / well, and a jealous man / oh my blue heaven / sometimes it just feels better to give in / we swing and we sway and this tiny voice in my head starts to sing / “you are safe child, you are safe” / still it’s you i can’t deny
004. you are the moon - the hush sound. i will bring a mirror / so silver / so exact / so precise and so pristine / a perfect pane of glass / i will set the mirror up to face the blackened sky / you will see your beauty every moment that you rise
005. crack the shutters - snow patrol. crack the shutters open wide / i wanna bathe you in the light of day / and just watch you as the rays tangle up around your face and body / i could sit for hours finding new ways to be awed each minute
006. always move fast - lydia. it’s far too much for me / far too fast a scenery / but your voice and your lips are moving words that i cannot breach the noise / so i guess i’ll just stay for a while / i guess you knew just from how i smiled / just remember always move fast
007. here with me - the killers. i must have been a fool to the bitter end / now i hold on to hope to have you back again / i’d bargain and i’d fight / but there’s another world you’re living in tonight / i don’t want your picture / i want you here with me / don’t need those memories in my head / i want you here with me
008. lovely tonight - joshua radin. i need you to know this won’t be broken / and all that we said will not be lost to the dawn / and you would be the last thing i saw coming / i’m still surprised
009. the best of me - the starting line. jumping to conclusions made me fall away from you / i’m so glad the truth has brought back together me and you / tell me what you thought about when you were gone and so alone / the worst is over / you can have the best of me / we got older but we’re still young / we never grew out of this feeling that we won’t give up
010. somebody loved - the weepies. now my feet turn the corner back home / sun turns the evening to rose / stars turning high up above / you turn me into somebody loved
there might be spoilers.
So I finished Requiem at 4AM last night and I thought it was decent.
LIKE THE OTHER 2 BOOKS THERE ISN’T AN ENDING???? LIKE ITS SORT OF A CLIFF HANGER
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER.
I KNOW LENA CHOOSES ALEX BUT DOES EVERYBODY ELSE MAKE IT?
Okay I mean there was an obvious ending but I really think there should’ve been an epilogue
DOES LENA AND ALEX HAVE KIDS?? I MEAN I WANT TO KNOW THE FUTURE OF THEM TOGETHER.
HOW’S AMERICA AFTER THE RESISTANCE TOOK OVER?? Like the war thingy in the end.
And I don’t believe Raven is dead. Not yet. I WON’T BELIEVE IT
Oh btw, Thanks for getting my Alex and Lena ship back together, Lauren Oliver.