most awkward moments in 90s sitcoms. in no particular order
(1) without warning, dark-skinned aunt viv became light-skinned aunt viv.
(1.5) dark-skinned harriette winslow became light-skinned harriette winslow.
(2) when rudy huxtable got ugly.
(3) when will smith does his monologue about not having a dad, and i’m watching the episode with my dad.
(4) when the youngest daughter (wtf was her name) on family matters just fades into the distance and we later learn she was a skkkkripper.
(5) that episode when claire yells at vanessa for having big fun with The Wretched and we really think she bout to whoop dat azz
(6) being 6 and having grown up feelings for uncle jesse
(7) pretty much every serious episode of a sitcom. Jessie being anorexic on Saved by the Bell, Carol Seaver’s boyfriend dying on Growing Pains, Laura and Maxine getting guns to defend themselves on Family Matters… like… you’re supposed to make me laugh. stop dealing with real issues.
that’s all i got right now. adds yours
Living Single (while dating married men)
- Khadijah: Chocolate, huh? Brad never showed up, did he?
- Regine: No, alright Kadijah. So just go ahead and give me what I got coming!
- Khadijah: Nah, too easy.
- Regine: Why does this keep happening to me?!
- Max: 'Cause you keep looking for someone to carry you.
- Regine: Well, what's wrong with that?!
- Khadijah: They keep dropping yo' ass.