Follow posts tagged #33 weeks pregnant in seconds.Sign up
33 weeks update
Christmas Eve, 2012. 33w1d.
The past few days have been better than previous weeks. I’ve had at least 4-5 hours of sleep each night, which is nothing short of a miracle…for this pregnancy. My pelvic pain has let up (I’m sucking the breath between my teeth saying that, hoping I’m not jinxing myself).
Yesterday I went to the crystals & gemstones store to get some stones that are meant to help with 3rd trimester issues: sleep, helping with endurance during labor & delivery, promoting a good connection with my energy & baby’s energy, and keeping negative energies away from us. I will carry these in my pocket every day between now and when she’s born.
Moonstone: this is the Divine feminine stone, and it does so much for the reproductive system. It also helps with fluid retention and balancing hormones, our emotions and feelings of vulnerability. Perfect 3rd trimester stone.
Unakite: its name means “growing together” and it conveys that what comes together, belongs together. It promotes and stimulates a healthy pregnancy.
Black tourmaline: this is the stone that increases vitality, emotional stability and keeps the negative energies at bay. I wear this on a necklace from time to time, but my friend’s baby broke the chain recently. So for now I’ll carry it in my pocket.
I love my girl and I find myself wondering more and more what kind of person she will be. She is calm, for sure. But she is also determined. I can feel her spirit - she’s buoyant and happy. She doesn’t like it when I cry; she’s more emotionally solid than me. I’m a water sign, what can I say?
And now for our week in bullet points:
- My favorite pair of maternity work pants are getting tight in my thighs. This is entirely my fault and more greed-related than pregnancy-related, as I indulge in things like peanut-butter chocolate ice cream.
- Baby girl’s movements have changed from kicks & punches to slow rolls & pushes. She’s getting big.
- She remains head down - she better stay there, if she knows what’s good for her. And me.
- Given my size and stage of pregnancy, I decided to stay in Toronto for Christmas this year. I didn’t want the 6 hour drive, possibly longer if there is bad weather. I miss my family but will be there with them next year, with baby in tow. This year will be spent with my best friend & her family.
- My shirt was soaked when I woke up from a nap the other day - my boobs are a colostrum producing factory already. I am so tempted to taste it (is that gross?) but haven’t…yet.
- Still chasing each meal down with a Tums, sometimes 2-3 Tums. I am so over the heartburn. But honestly, I prefer that over any pelvic pain.
- My rib pain continues. The dull throb and sometimes stabby feeling from the nerve(s) is a constant presence in my life, and weirdly I’ve gotten used to it. Doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it did when I first started feeling it around 20 weeks.
- I pee every 15-30 minutes. No joke. And then when I make it to the bathroom, hardly anything comes out.
So there’s my weekly wrap-up report. Oh! I need to get a baby book, but all of the ones I have found are all about Mommy & Daddy. Or, 2 parents.
I need a baby book that is just for one parent. Any suggestions?
33 1/2 Weeks
This will be a quickie post! Here’s the bump from 33 1/2 weeks:
The husband I spent 5 hours today at Babies ‘r’ Us, Buy Buy Baby, and Sears returning, exchanging, and purchasing things for the nugget. I am POOPED! And, man, babies are EXPENSIVE. We used up all of our $300 we had in gift cards plus $180 we had from returns from both of our showers. And we both looked at each other when we emptied the bags when we got home—full of bottle nipples, a bottle warmer, baby thermometer, breast pumping accessories, and various other odds and ends—and we both said, “And this doesn’t even LOOK like it was a lot of stuff!”
But things are really, really coming together. All we need to do is put all of the little onesies, socks, hats, etc. in the drawers in the nursery and we’re done. Baby is ready to be here! And the more I think about it, the more excited I get.
On a side note, FINALLY people are saying nice things to me! At an antiques store yesterday one woman said I looked wonderful for being as pregnant as I am and today at Sears another woman told me I looked gorgeous especially being so pregnant. I swear I almost jumped over the counter and across the store to hug these women.
Of course, another, very nice lady in my Spin class on Friday pulled me aside and said, “I think you’re having a boy.” Then she whispered, “I have four kids, and with my son my boobs didn’t get big at all either.” So, yes, now even my boobs are being analyzed.
The husband and I are off to the Outer Banks Monday and we CANNOT WAIT. I get to see my family for a few days, which I’m always looking forward to. I just hope this little hurricane named Katia doesn’t bring us bad weather. But either way, those days at the beach mean days not in my dungeon of an office so I’m happy :).
So I’ll be MIA for a few days (unless I’m able to post from my BlackBerry). But I’ll be thinking of all of you who are in the middle of your two-week waits, IVF and IUI cycles, or are due this month!
1. What’s the fathers name?
2. What is your name and how old are you?
3. How old is the father?
4. Are you married, engaged, just boyfriend and girlfriend, or not together?
5. How long have/had you been with the baby’s dad?
Almost a year.
6. Was it planned?
7. What day was your baby conceived?
May 19th according to my due date. Which is the day before I went to New York, so it’s highly likely.
8. When is your due date?
February 22, 2012.
9. What do you think your baby will look like (hair color, eye color, etc.)
He’ll probably have dark hair. I hope he has blue or green eyes! But Justin and myself both have brown.
10. Do you plan to do all natural, C-section, or use the drugs?
11. Is this your first baby?
12. Do you have a midwife?
13. How did your parents react?
They were relaxed and everything. Didn’t freak out, and weren’t mad.
14. When did you tell your parents?
Hm, I think the first ultrasound I had I was like 11 weeks..and I told them a few weeks before that, but we had to wait for my doctor’s appointment.
15. How did the father’s parents react and when did you tell them?
I guess they were relaxed about it. My dad told them.
16. Did you have to consider whether or not to keep it?
Never would I do either of those. No questions asked.
17. Do you want to be a mother?
Yes, I can’t wait!
18. Are you excited?
I’m very excited! :)
19. What was the first thing you said when you found out?
Something like “Oh my god! :):):):):)” I couldn’t stop smiling and I texted Justin right away.
20. What made you think you could be pregnant at first?
Just knew..my period has always only ever been about 3 days long. So I thought I just missed it, but yeah..I just had a feeling :) then all the “morning sickness” which lasted full days came.
21. How did you actually find out you were pregnant?
Officially, when the test at the doctors was positive.
22. Have you had an ultrasound yet?
23. Have you heard the heart beat?
Every month, and soon to be every week!
24. Do you know the sex, if so what is it?
A boy :)
25. What sex were you hoping for?
We both wanted a boy. But now I’m the only one who cares about him period.
26. Do you have a girl’s name picked?
27. Boy’s name?
Oakley Jon Conner Williamson
28. Do the names you picked have special meaning/significance?
Oakley; because I love it and it’s very uncommon. Jon; my dads name. Conner; my brothers name.
29. Have you started stocking up on supplies?
30. Have you felt the baby kick?
All the time :)
31. When is the baby shower?
32. How many weeks/months are you?
33 weeks/ in my 8th month.
33. What do you look forward to the most?
Seeing his adorable, little face!
34. Are you financially able to care for the baby?
35. Do you or the father have jobs?
I don’t. And apparently he was looking to get one, but I’m pretty sure he’s getting nowhere in life. Not a huge surprise.
36. What symptoms have you dealt with since the start of your pregnancy?
Sickness, but that’s gone away, and my stomach gets really tense and sore when he pushes out near my belly button.
37. What have your strongest, and most frequent cravings been?
Eating sweet food/ caffeine. I know caffeine is definitely not the best choice, but I fiend.
38. Are you scared of miscarriage or still birth?
39. Do you wear maternity clothes?
I have one outfit I just bought last week considering almost all of my clothes are too small! Besides like 1 pair of jeans that stretch, and all of my shirts are too short and tight, but I wear baggy shirts and track pants all the time.
40. Have you had to make any major changes in your life?
Not really…I still go to shows, I was edge before I got pregnant and obviously still am, and…yeah..
41. Do you smoke or drink?
42. Are you taking prenatal vitamins?
Yes, and other vitamins because I’m vegetarian.
43. Are you going to breastfeed or use formula?
Try breastfeeding, and if I think it feels gross, then formula.
44. Cloth or disposable diapers?
45. Have you had your glucose test, if so did you pass it?
I have to go do that! I just remembered.
46. Do you regret getting pregnant?
47. How much weight have you gained?
Damn, I can’t remember, but it’s not too bad, like 25-30.
48. What was your weight before you got pregnant?
Not what it is now ;)
49. What do you miss?
Laying on my belly!
50. Have you felt your baby hiccup?
2-3 times everyday, it’s adorable!
51. How big is your baby now?
The normal size I would like to guess..
52. How big do you think your baby will be when it is born?
I hope only around 6!
53. Who will be in the delivery room with you?
My mom, probably my dad, and Justin’s mom wants to come in..and a few other people want to come in.
54. Who do you think will come to see you at the hospital?
Mom and dad, my siblings. Friends, and a whole bunch of family. Everyone is so excited!
55. Do you think your baby will come on the due date, late, or early?
When he wants to..I’m not sure.
56. Have you had any complications with the pregnancy?
57. Have you been eating what you are suppose to?
58. Who do you think your baby will be closest to?
Me for sure
59. Do you think your baby will be awake more during the day or at night?
If his sleeping schedule is like mine; then awake during the night and sleeping through the day.
60. When does your baby move the most?
When I’m laying down/ sitting somewhere.
61. Do people criticize you for being pregnant?
Only 2! One girl that goes to my school and another girl that moved.
62. Do you have stretch marks?
Getting them in the spots he pushes out on my belly, and he makes my belly pink, purple and REALLY sore when he does that!
63. Have you gotten bad acne, or blemishes?
64. Has your hair gotten longer/thicker?
My hair has definitely grown about 2 inches, and it’s thicker.
65. Do you think you will go back to the size you were before or have extra weight?
Extra weight for a while
66. What are some health issues your baby could get that are hereditary in your family and or the fathers family?
67. Does your belly button stick out?
It’s starting to :( but the boy I like thinks it’s cute!
68. Can you see your feet when you look down?
69. Do people ask to touch your belly a lot?
I think only one person has ever asked to touch it. Everyone just touches it.
70. Does the father plan to help with the baby?
Yeah, but I don’t want him to.
71. Who are/is the godparent(s)?
Well my parents are only 33 and 34, so probably them!
72. Are you and/or the father well educated?
We’re both in grade 11.
73. What are some major family values you plan to teach your child?
Not to be like his father.
74. Do you have a specific religion?
No, it’s his life and he can do as he pleases! To a certain extent. :)
75. What do you think is the most important part of being a mother?
Being there for him whenever he needs it. Through anything.
76. What are some things you learned from your own parents that you plan to use while raising your child?
Hm, a lot of things.
77. Do you want your child to be more like you or it’s father?
78. What is your biggest goal as a mother?
To be there for him, to love him always, always support him, and making the best decisions to help him.
79. What do you think the first thing you will say when the baby is born will be?
I’ll probably cry
80. Have you had to start wearing nursing pads yet?
I haven’t..but I should haha
81. Do you want to use a crib or bassinet?
He already has a bassinet, but he’ll be getting a crib soon!
82. Pro or Anti circumcision?
83. Will you donate the umbilical cord?
You don’t donate the cord itself, you can donate the umbilical blood, or keep it in case he needs it. I think I’ll keep it, just to make sure he’s good if anything were to go wrong.
84. Will the father get to cut the umbilical cord?
Probably not. He told me he wasn’t coming, but his mom said he always talks about coming, so who knows.
85. Who will you call first after the baby is born?
Whoever’s closest to me and isn’t there that wanted to be.
86. Will you take birthing or nursing classes?
I’m supposed to be starting when I go back to school, but the woman called and said they’re like an hour away. So most likely not.
87. Do you want more children after this one, how many, what genders?
Yeah, and I’ve always wanted 4 kids.
89. Will you be at home with the baby most or will the father be?
90. Will you have a babysitter or daycare service?
When I need a babysitter; I have lots of family! And all of them live very close and have already offered!
91. Have you set up a nursery, if so what is the theme/colors if any?
I don’t know
92. How do you feel about how you look now?
My cheeks have gotten super chubby.
93. Do you and the baby’s father still get intimate?
No, we’re not together and we do not speak.
94. Have you been able to “see” the baby move?
All the time! :)
95. Do you look much different from before you got pregnant?
Chubby cheeks, huge belly, and my thighs have gotten chunky!
96. How has this effected your social life?
It hasn’t really..when Justin and I were dating he didn’t let me talk to, or hangout with anyone, so!
97. Who are your biggest supporters in all of this?
Parents, siblings, family and friends!
98. Was/Is the father excited?
He was, then he broke up with me one weekend because I went to my Uncle’s surprise birthday party instead of his house.
99. Do you think you will be a good mother?
100. Do you think the father will be good at parenting?
101. Have you bought any baby clothes?
102. What is 1 thing you want your baby to have the most?
Love and support :)
103. Do you believe in using binkies/pacifiers?
104. Do you have a baby registry set up?
Yeah, but I don’t get it…haha
105. What are you least excited for?
Justin not liking him….
106. Have you had any experience with children before?
My siblings are all younger than me, so yeah! Oh, and I babysit my friends baby.
107. Does the baby have any Aunts or Uncles?
2 Aunts, 3 Uncles. And lots of Great Aunts and Uncles.
108. What foods have you not been able to eat since you got pregnant?
None…well meat, but I’ve been vegetarian for 2 years, so that was out of the question to begin with.
109. What traits do you hope your baby inherits from you?
My cuteness, care, love, humour, and very family-oriented.
110. What traits do you hope your baby inherits from it’s father?
111. Are you doing home birth or in a hospital?
112. How many weeks are left in your pregnancy?
7 for the due date, 10 at most, and 3 at the least.
I still feel like my stomach is small for 33 weeks.
In comparison to other people.
It could just be the pictures I’m seeing.
Since I haven’t really been able to compare to someone in real life.
Maybe she will just be a small baby?
She has been measuring perfect every time we see her.
Or maybe she will have a huge growth spurt in the next month.
I can’t wait til she is here.
I received SO many adorable gifts from family and friends at my two baby showers. It’s one of those things where you’re not quite sure how to thank everyone enough for what they’ve done for you, how much they’ve gone out of their way for you. Sometimes I feel like a thank you note just doesn’t do the trick, you know? Like you want to do MORE but aren’t sure what.
Anyway, I wanted to share with you some pics of some of the goodies we received. There were obviously things like our awesome stroller and car seat, which my parents bought us and the adorable Pac ‘n’ Play my inlaws got us and the Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag my sisters got us, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE.
But then there were just some downright ADORABLE things I had to post for you guys. A few things you should know: 1) The husband and I are Penn State alumni and therefore LOVE our Nittany Lions. 2) The nursery has a little bit of an owl theme going on. 3) I’m from Philadelphia originally (now reside in North Carolina) and the city is very close to my heart. I lived in an adorable brownstone for a year and half in Philly while working and LOVED it and miss it still so, so much today. I love that city. (And, yes, I PROMISE I will post nursery pics sooner rather than later … at least before this nugget is born.)
Here are some of the goodies:
These are some cute sleepers from my two older sistes. They gave me a huge basket full of onesies, sleepers, socks, etc. all tied to a clothesline to kick off the shower. My sisters … they’re good people :)
This is from my sister’s friend who happens to have the same breed of dog as us, which is pretty rare since you don’t see too many Vizslas around!
My good friend, April, sent the Philly onesie and Goodnight, Philadelphia book. How cute!? And then at this weekend’s North Carolina shower my mother in law’s friend got us the NC version of the book.
This is the botaload of Penn State gear my close friend Amy got us for the nugget. She’d already gotten us a shower gift that she sent to the house. But then this little treat arrived on my sister’s doorstep the morning of the shower. Perfect timing :).
My former coworker, Jenn, got us these cute, CUTE owl bookends that we’ve lovingly put in our cubbies in the nursery. I heart these.
My friend and former coworker Lisa made this adorable, super soft owl blanket for the nugget. I LOVE it. I can’t wait to cover the baby in this blanket in the winter. It’s just so, so precious. Lisa has an Etsy store featuring her hand- and custom-made baby blankets and once I find out what it is I’ll update this post.
Hello Little One,
Today is the last Friday of the school year! Only 4 more days will you have to be carried around with me here at work listening to these rambunctious high schoolers! They are all excited to meet you too!
This week has been been so busy, but very good. I wonder if you heard the concert on Monday? It was the final one for the year and on the last song, you were about 10 feet away from about 150 people singing right at you! I hope you’ve enjoyed being serenaded by my choir students for the last 8 months! I wonder if you will be sensitive to music since you have been surrounded by it since you were a tiny little tadpole in my belly!
Last night a wonderful woman who has befriended me threw you a baby shower. I don’t mean to brag, but I’m pretty sure it was the BEST BABY SHOWER OF ALL TIME! Feda is from Jordan, and so for your shower she cooked at least 5 different dishes of food, made delicious mint tea and turkish coffee, and then at the end of the night treated all of my friends to her hookah. She also gave me REAL SANDALWOOD to burn in the house to clear the air for your arrival! She is such a beautiful woman and all of my friends were so generous to you! You are on your way to having a REALLY great book collection!
So all in all this week has been a good one!
Much love to you my little one! XOXOXOXO