Follow posts tagged #100 facts in seconds.Sign up
Let's get one thing straight:
- Just because I ship Destiel (Dean/Cas), it does not mean that I hate Sam Winchester or Jared Padalecki.
- In fact, I love Sam Winchester as I can related to his character somewhat, and I would love to be Jared Padalecki’s best friend.
- Just because I ship Cockles (Misha/Jensen), it does not mean I hate their wives.
- In fact, I love Danneel and Vicki (& Gen) almost just as much as I love their husbands, and I can see how much they all care about each other.
- And just because these are my main ships, it does not mean I hate on other ships in the fandom or fans that ship them.
042. I hate getting half-assed replies irl
like whenever i’m trying to get something sorted and i ask for opinions, or i’m in a group and i’m trying to liven things up because awkward and nobody is willing to break the ice, or just hey we’re trying to make decisions here and nobody is willing to start anything so i will but then all i get are
wow sorry for disturbing you? sorry for talking to you? sorry for trying to get things sorted because nobody ever wants to take the initiative? but then when i do i’m either told i’m annoying/bossy/selfish
BUT. when i’m actually quiet and not saying anything and waiting for somebody to take the spot people immediately assume something is WRONG and what do people do?
“are you mad?”
“why are you so pissed?”
“is she okay?”
“why do you look so scary”
“so… what’s happening?”
I’m a cry-baby. I cry when I’m mad, upset, hurt, stressed, alone. I just cry to let it all out. I used to be able to hold it in so well. But then I would just end up exploding in the end. But now, it’s hard to do that i feel like that wall that I put up got broken down. Now everything is showing and i can’t hide my feelings any longer.
026. Objects underwater terrify me
I sent this to Anthony and said: This is fucking terrifying. Hell no.
And he said “You love sharks but THAT’s terrifying?”
OBJECTS THAT SHOULD NOT BE UNDERWATER - THINGS YOU DO NOT EXPECT TO BE THERE - ARE NIGHTMARES TO ME
Trees underwater? Fuck. That. Shit. I always feel like they are reaching up from the depths of hell to drag me down.
IF I SAW MOTHER FUCKING JESUS LOOKING UP AT ME FROM THE OCEAN FLOOR I WOULD NEVER GO IN THE WATER AGAIN
I like people who are boring and flawed and genuine, and who I can be boring with. I get nervous around people who need constant excitement or stimulation. Like I have to be constantly interesting or entertaining, even though I’m not. It’s draining.
I used to be afraid of being thought as boring or lame or uncool. Literally hearing the word “lame” in a sentence in any context would cause me anxiety. I didn’t feel secure anywhere so I wanted to impress people and constantly wanted to make the right faces and say the right things. That was years ago.
When I wanted to gather a group at summer camp last year to watch the stars with me all night, someone protested because she thought it would be boring to just sit and stare at the night sky for hours. Surprisingly I didn’t care.
I still had fun without her. I realized that I was okay that someone else thinks it’s boring. We’re not compatible as friends then, and that’s okay. I already have friends who I can be myself with, so I don’t need to be exciting. I don’t need to be compatible with and impress everyone I meet, because I’ll find the people who I am compatible with and I won’t even want to impress them. I’ll just want to be around them.
There’s nothing wrong with being boring. There’s plenty of boring people out there who will want to be boring with you.
After going to a Catholic all-girls high school for 4 years, I have gradually come to learn that Catholic all-girls high schools are actually nothing like what the general public thinks they’re like.
Some common myths I would like to bust:
- We actually do swear freely
- We talk about sex a lot. A lot. (see: Peggy)
- not all of us are Catholic or religious at all
- and almost all of us are perfectly okay with that
- here’s a big one: actually no the increased ratio of girls does not cause more drama (in fact there is significantly less - like 99% of “drama” among teenage girls stems from boys and guess what we don’t have here)
- We are not “frumpy” or “prudes” (if you use either of these words to describe a woman’s sexual habits in the first place then you are probably a world-class asshole and you should rethink your life)
- Nor are we “sluts” (see above note)
- we are strong women of faith, integrity, and courage who are confident with our femininity and our sisterhood and we are not ashamed
and now for some myths that are actually true:
- most of us do not know how to dress ourselves outside of the uniform
- that’s about it that’s the only myth i can think of that has merit