Graphic Tutorial #2
In this tutorial I will show you how to make something like this. I will be using two screencaps from The Time Travelers Wife.
- Download the template psd that I’ve created.
- Open your screencaps in photoshop, I have chosen to use this one and this one. To get the effect of the graphic, make sure the screencaps are opposing or opposite scenarios. In this case, I’m using Annette meeting Henry for the first time, and their daughter seeing him in the same field.
- Crop each image, 600x500. Then go to filter>sharpen>sharpern, or use any smart sharpen setting you want. Then add a psd (I used this one). Flip one of your screencaps upside down, go to edit>transform>flip horizontal. Flatten your image. This is what your caps should look like so far:
- Drag the image that is right side up onto your template and place it above the first layer. This is what it should look like:
- Then, right click your screencap and select “create clipping mask”. Move your photo around until you are happy with it’s location. Repeat this with second screencap, but this time place it on top of all of the other layer, and then create the clipping mask. Your layers should look like this:
- Now, you’re ready to save. You do not need to flatten or merge your layers in order to save. Just go to file>save as> format .png.
- This is what you’ll end up with:
If there is something you don’t understand, please let me know!
Please like or reblog if you found this helpful!