well, first thing is, don’t be nervous friend! trust me, i was scared and i still am very nervous to walk up rp, but think of it as an escape, really. you can be anyone and act anyway you want and it’s a load of fun once you get into it!
some tips though:
- if you want to make a convincing enough character, research the lore and background of that particular race/class. wowpedia and wowwiki is a good start, but many of the forums have specialized guides on particular char / class combos!
- download myroleplay addon, it allows you to make customized name, age, eye color, backstory, history, etc. it’s a must have for any aspiring roleplayer!
- try to make things within the realm of reason. a half orc, half elf is okay, a demon naga undead elf baby is…not entirely feasible.
- i find this site particularly useful to come up with a quick personality on the go. this site is also great for coming up with names (you can select wow centric names as well!
- just come up with ideas! do you want to be a kindly and caring gilnean or a hardened rogue from arathi? the choice is yours!
and of course if you’d like to ask me more questions in game, you can contact me through bnet (loki #1116) anytime. c: