Alright sit down, I got the first Seedstarian ramble on the way
Its have I have so far about The Guardians under the cut.
Seedstarians Guardians are warriors that hale from an island overlooking the world from the sky known as the Overgarden (its named for its paradise-like beauty).
Their job is to protect the Seedstarian world and make sure nothing falls out of order, or that it doesn’t suffer the chance from being destroyed.
They come in the form of mythological creatures, each associated with certain elements. Heres a list.
1.Vampire- long fangs stick out of mouth, suck blood for power nurishment and food.
2.Werelet- able to transform into a were creature. Usually hairy. Must have wereform of a hairy creature. Prone to accidently transform when inexperienced
3. Ghost- hallowed eyes- live after mortal death and can detonate from bodies to go through walls and camouflage
4. Lich- Glowing mouths/eyes. Live after mortal deaths and aren’t wounded by vital wounds cause their soul is bound to their skeletons.
5. Shadling- smoke pouring out of mouth. Turn into shadows.
**** shadow knights tend to grow horns, demonic tails or wings in any combination of the three. Also can develop animalistic irses
1. Stormspark- blotchy skin. Ability to produce and control miniature storms
2. Plugspark- seemingly unable to get rid of static electricity. Generate electricity like batteries
3. Thunderbird- develop bony ‘finger-like’ fetal wings (think Nazca lines). Can fly by generating plasma like in plasma orbs
4. Raiju- develop stripes. Run fast across the land
5. Fleecespark- crack-like birthmarks. Generate an staticky atmosphere
**** lightningknights have sharp canine teeth and faintly glowing skin, more to be added
1. Salamander- develops scaly textured skin. Breathes fire
2. Phoenix- grows feathers mixed with hair (facial, arms or legs to!). Lives after mortal death, regenerate quickly
3. Sundancer- flaming wing birthmarks. Ability to fly with flames
4.Smolder- charred fingertips. Puff out ashes and generate char and stuff in massive amounts
5. Wicker- glowing orange fingertips. Can ‘melt’ into hot goo
*****Fire knights often have deity coloured hair
1. Mermaid- webbed feet. Able to grow a fish lower half
2. Kappa- hair with a ‘wet’ texture. Breathes water
3. Kelpie- hair has a kelp texture. Able to move on top of water
4. Nymph- Super soft skin. Able to melt into water
5. Kraken- small tentacle appendixes that will sprout from random places. Able to increase in size using water. Lives after mortal death
**** water knights can have gill, scaly growths or ‘fin-shaped’ ears or mix of these.
1. Golemn- rough skin. Can turn into the thickness of a material
2. Behemoth- stump tails. Can make earthquakes
3. Mandrake- leafy growths. Hyper grows plants
4. Trent- hair replaced by plant-like material. Turns into a tree
5. Earthdoll- sheds dirt from skin endlessly or may bleed dirt. Lives after mortal death, turns to terra-like element when hit
*** may have lustrous skin, appear to be forever young
1. Pixie- fetal insect wings. Able to create a dust to cause sleep
2. Harpy- fetal bird wings. Able to manipulate and create strong gusts of wind
3. Peryton- nubby antlers. Can run on air
4. Wurm- Increased voice, shouts can reach high places and have the ability to stun, confuse or silence. Have whiskers, canines, and animal-like eyes.
5. Alerion- third eye. Can use telekenesis. Live after mortal death
*** Wind knight may appear to have windswepted hair and winged ankles.
1. Angel- extra eyes hidden somewhere. Able to fly. Live after mortal death
2. Fairy- small antennae. Able to produce coloured light with different psychogical effects
3. Wisp- hair glows. Can disappear
4. Lightling- pupiless eyes- can burst into light and blind things
5. Jackalope- long ears, naturally better with magicks
****may have light freckles or transparent
The guardians work under the commander of a great, wondrous creature known as the Matriarch. The Matriarch is said to have god-like powers and their sole purpose is guarding the world of Seedstaria.
Overgarden is shared by the guardians and a race known as the Overbeings, they resemble minute beings akin to The Matriarchs key features, some even say The Matriach gave birth to this race a long time ago.
The Guardians are human- or were originally. Not many people are sure how they came to live in The Overgarden but some things are clear, they come from all over, due to the amount of races reside on the island.
Furthermore the population is stable despite the fact that Immigrants are VERY strict, suggesting that the population was there long enough to reproduce multiple diverse generations.
Overgarden doesn’t raise citizens, it raises warriors.
Two parents have a child, or multiple children (you can never choose to move anywhere else once you live on the island), the child is then taken at the age of four will they will be tested for potential skills and elemental affinity.
This test lasts at least three years, the children are allowed to live at their homes but other, more experienced Guardians will come over and try many activities to help determine certain factors.
This is crucial- it helps determine what they will mutate into and what weaponry suits their needs.
A guardians training is determined by their talents and the creature they mutate into, so they can help endure weaknesses and increase strengths.
Different Mutations also have special needs that need to be required, for example, a Vampire might lash out in sudden hunger if their feeling weak, or a Wurm will scream in emotional distress. These needs need to be ironed out.
Mutations usually start at ages ranging between five and seven. They finish mutating within a year, at latest. Overgardens magic works quickly.
At the age of eight they are taken into classes consisting of others in their element- the small population allows for decent sized classes, these are all maintained by the Wardens of Overgarden.
The Wardens are The Matriachs personal Guardians and are truly stronger than all the others- claimed to be as old as the continent itself, they don’t display any specific mutations, yet seem to be the ultimate form of genetic traits elements give.
Yet they display all the abilitys of the mutations.
This is why they teach young Guardians, the Guardians are still unused to their powers and these Wardens can relate and guide them all.
They spend their weeks teaching classes without breaks under the command of their leader.
There’s only so many Wardens- one for every element in The Guardians ranks.
The young Guardians themselves only have to attend so few classes those weeks, allowing plenty of free time at their home to be themselves- that is part of their training.
At the age of 11, Guardians are finally mixed together and put into groups with other element users, bands known as Kinbands are formed with one guardian from each element.
These Kinbands work in groups when given group missions to do and are formed specifically so they may get along well. A lot of bands are formed with groups of friends because of this, they also train together when the bands are formed, as well as train with their Element specific classes.
Never betray someone in your Kinband, or Guardian society will reject you, for any Guardian this is the ultimate shame.
Bands are also formed with elemental mutations in case a group of single element affinity users are needed, these bands, known as Magibands are formed with one mutation each in, also, there will not be mixed elements within the bands.
Magibands interact less often and are rarely used but are formed from fellow classmates so they get along.
Never betray The Matriach, such a thing can get you banished to the Undergardens- no one has ever come back to the Undergardens to ever tell of how it is there, but legends tell of it to be the Opposite of Overgarden, dark, twisted and gloomy, its horrible valleys only go deeper and deeper and its creatures are sinfully ugly, terrible, violent things.
Plants grow thorny and twisted in Undergarden, you have to be smart to live.
Overgarden society honours beauty and life over everything else, despite some Guardians past histories they refuse to be seen messyhaired and dirty, they must keep their appearance as groomed as possible, even if just enjoying life and not on the job.
Despite this Shadow Guardians were notorious for becoming hitmen and thieves with their abilities, Lightning Guardians have a history of becoming pirates along with their fellow Water Guardians.
Guardians are seen by the rest of Seedstarian cultures are ‘stuck-up’, ‘prissy’ and ‘lazy’ because of what they honour, preferring mount over foot and sticking a nose up at dirtier tasks are a common behaviors that foreigners like to pick on, usually behind the ear of a Guardian (Because you really don’t want to be messing with a trained fighter with magical powers now do you?)