1. The incident mentioned in this post.
2. On my way to the party we picked up my grandma and she was complimenting all of her grandchildren and said to my dad: “Larry, you’re lucky all your children were born with the gift they have.” And he said, “Oh yeah, what gift is that?” and she said, “Well, their creativity, of course!” and he burst out laughing and said “Is that what they’re calling it?”
3. Apparently I slammed the door of his truck too hard and he said he was going to “punch my teeth out”.
4. In his truck I was trying to adjust the seat because since my grandma was riding with us I had to sit in the front next to my dad and the seat was angled the way my mom usually sits in it. He told me to keep it the way it was because (and I’m phrasing this more kindly than he did) I take up a lot of space and if I moved the seat forward at all he wouldn’t be able to see out the passenger window, and I should shut the hell up.
5. Every time I tried to speak all night at the party he would shush me, saying I was speaking too loud, and generally talk over me at every available opportunity.
Basically he manages to make me feel like shit about myself whenever I’m near him. I could be minding my own business and he’ll just start ranting about how lazy, worthless, stupid, and unimportant I am. That A- I got on that creative writing piece a few weeks ago? I wasn’t too satisfied with what I wrote, but I was proud of the grade I got, and I held it up to show to him a few weeks ago and he never asked to read it or even what I wrote about, and said “Why an A- and not an A?” He doesn’t care about me at all, I’m just a waste of space to him. I hate him so much.