thillypunkI agree. I don’t understand why people think that Ichigo and Hollow (Zangetsu) are completely different persons they are NOT. I love your explanations about Ichigo, he is such an awesome character- badass and yet complicated :D
Thanks for saying that. I sincerely appreciate it
I mean seriously, Ichigo is his hollow. His Hollow is his Zanpakuto. Ichigo is an Arrancar. His hollow was trying to warn him of the dangers because he’s an Arrancar.
To be CLOAKED in power is his TRUE self
- Because his Bankai is generated by Zangetsu entirely…clothes, weapons, mask, sword, abilites. Ichigo is literally “wearing his powers”
- Hollows get body armor. When they first become hollows,they are transformed. They get body armor, a mask, and are armed with weapons and then “they fight”
- Shinigami release their Zanpakuto and “IT” kicks your ass, while they stand around looking cool.
Ichigo’s Zanpakuto does not do that (which is why it’s my favorite) instead of releasing and Zangetsu kicking your ass. Ichigo BECOMES Zangetsu then HE kicks yours ass.
. Because he’s a goddamn Arrancar. He looks like Shinigami, but he fights like Hollow. When he fought the Shinigami, he fought their Zanpakutos, like all hollows are wont to do
You know sometimes I think Ichigo’s character, is too complicated for some, and that’s why they just don’t get him.
Some people call him one dimensional and I find he’s mufti-layered
I like him for a number of reasons
He’s a trash talking bad ass, that can actually back up what he says (unlike Hitsu)
- He’s good as the straight man, or the fool
- He has insecurities—loads of them
- Serious self esteem issues
- He saves people not because he was written that way, but because he’s overcompensating, due to the guilt he has over his mother’s death. By saving people he can save his mother over and over again and by sparing their families the pain of that loss. He can spare his family the pain that he think he caused when “HE” took Masaki away.
- He doesn’t beat you down with friendship and love. No. He kicks your as in the NAME of friendship and lurve.
- He also does it because he likes to fight. It’s in his nature, and this was his conflict. Because he acts like he does it because he had “no choice”. . It’s like “They were in front of me, I had to help” when the reality of it is, he’s really loves kicking people’s asses. He had trouble admitting that.
- He’s gotta insane split personality disorder
- He’s fucking kewl and the MOST BAD ASS THAT EVER DOES IT.
and a whole host of other reasons, that would take me all day to list. Let’s just say, I feel the same way about him as Kubo does. I ache when he does, and I cheer him on. When he triumphs, I feel good too. I love this character with all my heart.—-Seriously I have FOUR tattoos and I could wax on all day about him, his character, his design, his weapons, his power, his hollow, his love-life. I only ship IchiRuki because I love him and so I must love who he loves.
His hollow I kind of have a love hate relationship-with. I love him, because he’s Ichigo. But I hate that mofo, because people use him to put Ichigo down. Hate to go all “Roots” on you but….”NOTHING can be greater than THYSELF” ~ African Proverb.
Ichigo’s hollow is Ichigo. Which is why I could never understand why people who wanted to get under my skin and knows I am sensitive when it comes to him, would say:
Ichigo is weak! His hollow had to defeat Ulquiorra, not Ichigo.
and I am like "Dude. Ichigo literally saved himself. It’s self preservation. Hollow or not, comatose or not. It was still Ichigo. The hollow is not stronger than Ichigo. How can he be, he’s Ichigo’s own power. He is only as strong as Ichigo. It’s self-preservation, dumbass"
The hollow has never done anything that Ichigo hasn’t done when he was regular Ichigo.
He’s the part of Ichigo that says ” I need five ambulances for these five dead bodies, I am about to curbstomp and leave on the pavement”. He’s just like that all the time and Ichigo is not. Ichigo is hotblooded, so his hollow is.
When you look at him, you are literally looking at Ichigo. Inside Ichigo is killer, and it’s naive to think he wasn’t going to start killing his foes, like all the other Shinigami in Bleach do. But killing a person is NOT glorious s oKubo did it with Ulquiorra, that way. Because it’s easier, and Ichigo wouldn’t have taken a life unless he was out of his mind or forced to. But after you kill one person, it’s easier to kill again. Which is why he dispatches Ginjo without batting a fucking eye.
People argued it was out of character
- FANS: He stepped on Ulquiorra’s head
- Me: Dude he was kicking someone in the face in the very first chapter
- Fans: He ripped off Ulquiorra’s arm
- Me: He cut of Yammy’s arm. Rip. Slice. Is there really a nice way to remove someone’s arm
- Fans: He sent Orihime flying (lol he doesn’t care about her.)
What kind of asshole do you think Ichigo is. He does too! She’s just in the friendzone He threw Rukia off the top of Sougyoku and sent her flying…
- FANS: He killed!
- Me: Rukia who is the main heroine dusted D-roy without batting a fucking eye and Byakuya hasn’t let any of his opponents live yet. They only live if he loses.
Ichigo is perfect, because he’s not perfect. I love him and all his flaws and that includes his hollow, because it’s just another side of him. He’s an Arrancar, and like any biracial kid, he has an identity crisis.
Gotta go get some work done on my car. I’m out.