In the world of gentleman spies and criminal masterminds there are two names above all others. Mordred: the devious one and Galahad: the noble. But when these two finally cross paths, nothing will ever be the same again.
Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. - Pr. 16:3
My sister, I post this late at night on purpose because that’s when it just gets to you sometimes. You sit and you wonder, “really God? Is this it? Why do I have to wait so long? Why me?”
I know there are those reading this who have been faithful. You’re living for God and even though you know you’re still growing everyday, you just feel flat-out tired sometimes. This post is for you. I want you to remind you that there WILL be a day when all of this makes sense. There will be day when you look back and you will see God’s faithfulness, and why God moved in the way that He did.
I know it feels like it’s just pain and longing right now, but oh, it’s so much more than that…God is laying out His path for you in this VERY moment. Brick, by brick, He is laying it out, and He just wants you to be obedient and keep walking the path. Keep on walking when:
1. You’re staring at your phone waiting for him to text or call
2. Your new job isn’t what you thought it would be
3. Your friends aren’t the same people they used to be
4. You just don’t feel beautiful because of your weight, your heart, your features, your hair…
5. People seem to always leave you out when they’re doing things
6. The guy you were in love with suddenly decides he isn’t interested in you
7. This semester is not going the direction you thought it would go
8. There’s problems going on with your family and you don’t know what to do
9. Graduation seems so far away, and you’re afraid you won’t make it
10. Your group of friends seems to be getting smaller and smaller
In these moments, remember the path. Don’t settle for less because you’re weary. Remember that Christ makes you strong. Through Jesus, we are no longer out in the darkness but we are in the marvelous light, on the path that God has for us. I know you may be weary tonight, but you’re not as stuck or strapped as you may feel. Because of Jesus, you are free. You are able to overcome, through Him that loves you. So just keep holding on. You’ll see!
Biblical context and further reading: Pr. 16, Rom. 8:37
Photo credit + models: @kelpeif (Instagram)
Written by itsmorganlife