So I’ve been having a lot of people write in how -A and red coat are two different groups, and red coat is good, -A is bad, etc. etc. But I don’t think so! I think they’re working for the same team. Let me explain!
1) We first see red coat in 2x25 when she visits Mona is Radley. We obviously know Mona is on the -A team, and when red coat shows up she says “I’ve done everything you’ve asked me to.” Mona was obviously taking orders from red coat.
2) In 3x02 we see red coat in some sort of hunting supply store, buying black gloves, and a BUNCH of black hoodies.
3) In 3x18 Emily remembers more about “that night” (Alison’s grave) after being hypnotized. She see’s a black hood digging up the grave, and red coat standing by watching. Emily said “She’s in charge.”
4) In 4x08, we see a black hoodie drilling holes in (what we now know is) the DiLaurentis basement. But in 4x09 we see RED COAT going into the basement.
5) In 4x11 we see Cece in a black hoodie, but in 4x12 we see her in a red coat…
It just doesn’t make sense to me that they would be two different teams! I think the only reason Mona said “She took you from me” was because she didn’t want to reveal she knew who red coat actually was. Saying she went rogue was the only way to avoid that. But seeing evidence of them working together as recently as the last few episodes, I don’t buy it (:
DEFINITELY the same team! xo