LISTEN UP KIDS, TODAY I’M GONNA SHOW YOU HOW I SPRITE!
We’re going to be making a pikachu head! Nice and simple!
Yeah this lil’ guy!
We’re going to go through some steps on how to make a pikachu sprite!
1) First of all you should have a program to sprite. If you have a windows computer then you can use ms paint if you want, that’s what I use, if you have a mac you can also use GIMP.
2) Now we need to get some reference. This can be art or other sprites for the pokemon of your choice.
That looks like a good amount! My site of choice for sprites is this site.
3) Now we need to make a rough sketch of the head.
Remember to put the transparency on!
4) Once you’ve made a rough outline, we need to go over in black.
5) Time for flat colours!
6) Now I’m going to add shading inside the outline.
7) And lastly, I’m going to add shading on the outline.
I like to add a background.
8) Now you just need to resize your image using left click. You can change the number you use to resize but if it’s about the size of an official sprite or a little bigger you resize it 400%.
So we go from this:
Keep practicing and I hope this helped!