Here’s what the Tumblr staff could’ve and should’ve done with their spare time during this lovely Spring Break but didn’t...
1. Give us a fully functioning messaging system with inbox, outbox, drafts, the works. If Facebook can do it, if FFN can do it, if freakin’ LiveJournal and MySpace can do it, so can Tumblr.
2. Delete all the racist and pedophile blogs. They’re out there and they need to go.
3. Up the Follow limit! 5,000 is NOT enough, especially with new people with new fandoms and new issues joining this accursed website every day.
4. If somebody hasn’t been active in 5 years, their URL should be up for grabs.
5. Make it easier to track Anon Trolls. Not just the annoying ones but folks that are lowdown enough to tell someone to kill themselves or are racist, ableist, transphobic, homophobic, all of the -ists and -phobics and then once they are exposed, the staff should take decisive action (see #2)
6. If I want to attach gifs to my text/link posts, I don’t want to see any of those gray boxes of DOOM. I know there’s a way of fixing that but make it easier to do it.
7-10. THE VIDEO PLAYER IS BETTER BUT IT IS STILL GARBAGE.
11. Up the Post limit! (see #3 and replace 5,000 with the current number)
12. Get rid of the ads.
13. Fix trntbl permanently. I tried to use it recently and things went terribly wrong. My computer froze.
14. Fine tune the Compass feature. It’s hit or miss, now. Mostly miss.
15. If I put a typo in a tag, I want to be able to fix it without having to start all the way over and keep the typoed tag.
16. STOP FIXING THINGS THAT AREN’T BROKEN TO BEGIN WITH!