✥ top 8 types of PNMs and how to recruit them! ✥
Formal recruitment will be here in no time. Evaluating hundreds or thousands of PNMs can be overwhelming. Consider these distinct female personality types and see what they can do for your chapter. Along with your sorority values, think about who you want as a sister and what they bring to your sisterhood.
Different types of PNMs respond to a variety of messages during recruitment. Not everyone is convinced by the same techniques. Tailor your tactics to each kind of PNM and give them what they’re looking for. Pledging a brilliant MIX of personalities is the #1 goal for your next new member class! xoxo ;)
✥ Top 8 Types of PNMs to Recruit: ✥
- The Playful PNM: This girl is enthusiastic, funny and loud. She’s an extrovert and life of the party. Every pledge class needs several of this type for their creativity, ideas, energy and fun. These girls are innovators and work fast. They can also be a little disorganized and easily distracted, but always lovable. Give a Playful PNM plenty of attention and approval during recruitment. If she believes your sisters have tons of fun, she will be very interested.
- The Powerful PNM: This girl is strong and perfect for leadership. She is assertive, productive and in control. Every chapter needs a collection of doers. Powerful PNMs are goal oriented and work very hard. Sometimes they can be demanding, but they get the job done. Offer this type appreciation, credit and loyalty and she will be very attracted to your sorority. If she sees impressive leadership opportunities at your house, that will win her over.
- The Perfectionist PNM: This girl’s dress is pressed, her hair is perfectly styled and her manicure is flawless. She is precise and thinks before she speaks. A precise PNM is organized, neat, graceful and strong. She loves to make lists and she gets projects completed. Without these sisters, the chapter would fall into chaos and hopeless disorganization. Perfectionist girls need some calm and sensitivity to feel comfortable. Present a sharp, polished chapter image to attract this type to your sisterhood.
- The Peaceful PNM: A zen girl is even tempered. She doesn’t get as excited as the Playful and Powerful girls. She is easy-going, diplomatic and patient. This PNM avoids conflict and hates confrontations. She is comfortable in her own skin and always keeps her cool. A must have for sorority chapters. Pledge peaceful PNMs to bring balance and harmony to the membership. She may be hard to read sometimes, but she brings calm to an excitable sorority. Show this type respect and harmony and she will be interested in your chapter.
- The Motherly PNM: Some girls are just born nurturing. No matter what their age, they love to take others under their wing. A sorority needs a few mothering types to give wise advise, help the littles and serve as new member educators and Rho Gammas. Motherly PNMs are mature, think ahead, are good listeners and always know the right thing to say when there’s a problem. This type is very reliable and an asset to the membership. Offer a Motherly PNM family, friendship and a place to call home.
- The Innocent PNM: This PNM is pure cuteness. She is honestly sweet and kind to the core. She is lovable and has no hidden agenda. Every sister falls in love with her. An Innocent PNM has lots friends, smiles all the time and is a totally positive person. She is an ideal “follower” but may be a bit slow in picking up new ideas. Love her up and repeat the chapter’s warmest attributes to this PNM for maximum effect. In the end, she will fall for the friendliest sisterhood.
- The Prom Queen PNM: You know her when she walks in the door. She’s the prom queen, the head cheerleader, the pageant pro and a runway model all rolled into one. She’s so beautiful you can’t stop staring. She has it all. She’s also sociable, friendly, and has sparkling charisma. She comes from an outstanding family and she can do everything ~ from music, to sports, to academics. The Prom Queen PNM may be the closest thing to perfection. Be charming, outgoing and sharp to hit it off with thus type of PNM. She will pledge the best of the best, so shine your brightest.
- The Quirky PNM: To keep your sorority from becoming a Stepford chapter, give the Quirky type a chance. Don’t write off the PNM who is unique, original, colorful, or creative. PNMs who are outside the box, provide interest and diversity to a sorority’s membership. Quirky PNMs may be a different size, have a different world view, or a different fashion style than the majority, but that spice is what keeps chapters from becoming boring. Jazz up your recruitment by considering the off beat PNM and the individuality that she has to offer. Connect with her through your smarts, sense of humor and a genuine interest in her as a future sister.
✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥