1. Light a candle, or get new oils for your plug ins, new wax for your melters, ect. Scent plays a big role in relaxation.
2. Put your hair up (or take it down if it’s been up all day and give your scalp a really good rub. Shake out that hair!).
3. Buy a new pillow. Some of us don’t change out our pillows as often as we should, and this can result in neck pain and trouble sleeping. Today I found a pack of two Serta Gel Memory Foam pillows for $18 at Big Lots! They’re so nice. A bit of a splurge for me, but worth it.
4. Brew a fresh pot of coffee, or your favorite cup of tea and drink it very slowly. Really take your time to taste it, smell it, and enjoy it.
5. Listen to your body. If you feel you should take a nap, and you are able to, then take a small nap. If you feel thirsty, get some water. Don’t deny yourself.
6. Pet your cat/dog/hamster/bird/whatever pet you have. If you don’t have a pet, stroke something soft and cozy. Petting your pet is a stress reliever, and it feels good to hear them purr or look at you with gratitude (that blinky look that dogs get.. so cute).
7. Wash your face, use a toner, and then some moisturizer. Get all that makeup off and let your skin breathe! Or if you’ve been bare faced for a while, glam yourself up, just because! Admire your fine self. Yas.
8. Get a blanket with some weight to it (like a quilt, or a big, poofy, downy blanket if you’re lucky enough to own one) and wrap yourself up burrito-style. Curl up on the couch, close your eyes, clear your head and focus on your breathing. Inhale… exhale….
9. Watch some cartoons. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Spongebob, Steven Universe, Chowder- whatever does it for you. Distract yourself, laugh a little, let go a bit. Bonus points for watching while eating cereal.
10. Take your bra off. Just take it off. Take all of your real world clothes off and slip into some cool pjs.