LMAO just from that terrible explanation of SoCal geography? I can tell you more. Refer to this map for guidance and read my beautiful descriptions.
- There’s Hollywood (which is also comprised of West Hollywood where all the big clubs are)
- Griffith (also known as Los Feliz, where the observatory is, another well-off neighbourhood; I used to work here for a non-profit)
- Silverlake (home of hipsters)
- Echo Park (new hipsters, used to be super shady but it’s getting better cuz of the baked hipsters)
- Downtown LA which is where all the freeways meet (101, 110, 5, 10, etc.)
- Korea Town (more commonly known as K-Town, self explanatory; you want good karaoke and Asian food, go here)
- Westwood-Studio City-Bevery Hills-Bel Air-Sherman Oaks (rich people and UCLA)
- East LA (which is ghetto fabulous)
- Venice (the beach, home to many struggling musicians who street perform)
- Santa Monica (above Venice, more touristy, less weed)
- Pacific Palisades/Malibu (holy shit, I did photography for a charity event here, let me tell you, you think Beverly Hills is rich? Those people ain’t got nothing on this neighbourhood)
Tourist Attractions include:
- Hollywood Blvd which is actually in Hollywood (the walk of fame is here with the stars, El Capitan where all the Disney premieres are, Grauman’s Chinese Theatre where other premieres are, Kodak Theatre now known as Dolby Theatre is here, Jimmy Kimmel Live is filmed here)
- Disneyland which is actually not Los Angeles at all and is in Anaheim which is about 45 minutes away from LA without traffic—with traffic, you’re fucked for two hours
- Universal Studios which is off the 101 above Hollywood and next to Studio City
- Our infinite amount of beaches. If you want to go to a beach, I recommend Newport or Laguna because they’re a lot cleaner and prettier but Santa Monica/Venice/Huntington have more tourist stuff
- You technically are not legally allowed to go to the Hollywood sign because it is private property. Any shady tour bus that tells you it’s taking you there is probably planning on stealing your money and murdering you coldblooded.
Also, I’m publishing this because I’m proud of my lovely descriptions of LA as a resident.
EDIT: OH! I FORGOT ONE MORE THING. Almost nothing is filmed in Hollywood. Every studio is in Studio City or Burbank. They’re lying to you. Warner Bros, Disney, etc.