Oooooh good ones!!
16. If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
At this point I think I’d have to say Johnlock. It’s the only pairing that I’ve written, but you could go 1000 ways with those characters, so I think the permutations could keep it perpetually interesting!
28. Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
Only 3? I might have to do more…
1. lady_t_220: I am such a complete fangirl of ladyt220. I love, love, love her writing. I like to think of her as the queen of sexy writing. She was one of the first kink writers I came across in the fandom, and I immediately read everything she wrote. She writes dark fic, sexy fic, incredibly gentle fic. Her writing is beautiful, sexy, dark, lush and so good! She now writes mainly for Cabin Pressure, and wow, it’s so lovely. I’m in love with her incarnation of submissive Martin Crieff. My current faves are Soft Soap a Martin Crieff/OFC which is stunning and her latest A Guiding Hand, a deliciously smutty threesome with Martin, Herc, and Douglas. I always say that when I grow up, I’d like to write sex as well as ladyt220. Seriously, I aspire to her level of sexy writing… (Her Sherlock work can be found here…)
2. thisprettywren: Brilliant and beautiful prose, incredible world building, and kink writing that breaks my heart sometimes. What’s not to love about her work. She was another of my early LJ fandom finds. I think the first fic of hers that I read was Transport and to this day it is one of my all time favorite fics. When I read it the first time it completely blew my mind. I didn’t know that people wrote stories like this. This internal, thoughtful, kinky, noodley stories. (noodley is my word for digging into the details.) It hit so many of my buttons that I read it multiple times and then inhaled her other works. Performance Art got into my head and kind of broke my heart, and I loved it for that. (I’m only brushing the surface of thisprettywren’s writing brilliance… kink is only one small part of her work)
3. pennypaperbrain This one isn’t going to be a surprise. I’m a huge penny fangirl. Her prose is stunning, her stories are raw, sexy, thinky and true. When I want solid, thoughtful, deep and real BDSM, I read Penny. She gets into the headspace of Sherlock and I get it. I understand him. Four Corners of the Western World is always on my rec lists. It’s really really stunning. I’m also a fan of Penny’s intense writing process. Her multiple rewrites, dissecting the prose, working the story over and over until it’s just right. I always read her posts about writing and think, yep… I totally get it. :-)
4. fireofangels: She is not for the faint of heart and I love her for it. She writes some deep down dark and scary stuff of nightmares kind of fic. Often I finish a story quite disturbed, and feeling like I’ve been punched in the stomach, but I love that it effects me on such a visceral level. She takes a nightmare situation and writes is so realistically and so internally that I can’t help but be dragged along for the emotional ride of it all. I think I’ve read all 148 of her stories…
If you take a look, please read ALL of the tags. Most of her work is horribly triggery and very disturbing. But she has some (non!dark) work as well that’s actually quite sweet…
(Okay I typed this like a crazy person, please don’t mind the stream of consciousness ramblings)