So last week or so Buzzfeed made an article entitled "21 Hardships Only Adult One Direction Fans Understand"
And while it made some good points.. Vicky (nooelgallagher) and I thought they left out A LOT of things so we kind of rewrote an entire list.
Now presenting….. “22 Hardships Adult One Direction Fans Face”
1. When you hear 1D playing at the bar you’re at and you’re like, “Maybe I shouldn’t bump it” but then they start singing and you’re like, “Nah Imma do it anyway.”
2. When you and your child/student have the same favorite.
3. Having to explain to everyone the fact that Haylor wasn’t real.
4. Starting a 60k fanfic when you have work/class the next day.
5. Knowing absolutely way too much about music management and how PR works.
6. Wanting to get spectacularly drunk with the boys and talk to them about everything instead of wanting to get jiggy with it (well there’s probably 1 you wouldn’t object to…).
7. Hating Modest! Management for more than one reason.
8. Not seeing any adults in the general vicinity of you at the concert but knowing, just knowing, there are others like you somewhere in that crowd.
9. Knowing that your fave is probably married to your other fave.
10. Responding to “Don’t you want to date them??” with “They don’t even want to date their current girlfriends.”
11. Having to deal with the stereotype that One Direction fans are only teenage girls and being a teenage girl is an insult.
12. Recognizing the problematic elements in songs and videos.
13. Suffering through bad PR attempts that you don’t let be force fed to you.
14. Feeling the need to justify why you like them when they’re all 21 and up (except for Harry which 3 more months).
15. Trying to explain why you like them because it’s not that you think you’re going to marry them (but everyone thinks that’s why anyway).
16. Not wanting to follow the boys on Twitter because sometimes more than others, it is not them (and then having to deal with the bullshit when it is not them).
17. Recognizing that sometimes your fave is problematic, and educating them and other fans on why.
18. Not wanting to leave to go to work or class (especially on a Sunday) because shit could go down at any moment.
19. Acknowledging the various economic, sociocultural, and ethnic backgrounds each boy brings to the group and feeling offended on their behalf when those backgrounds are ignored or joked about.
20. The general whitewashing of the group that reinforces the claim that only white people are worth paying attention to.
21. Being an LGBT advocate in an overwhelmingly homophobic environment perpetuated by management and the fandom.
22. Recognizing that the boys could be extremely good role models for kids, teenagers and young adults everywhere, but they are not used that way but instead used as a brand.
(credit to x for gifs and if they stole then credit to you)