Hey I’m assuming that since you’re reading this you are interested in learning how to take better care of your pets or how to take the right steps with making and keeping your dog the proud pup you want them to be.
Being a great dog owner comes with a lot of work. Most dog owners say their dogs are their “children” and they treat them as though they are actual children. You should always make sure you are caring and spending time with your dog, attending to his or her health needs, and providing appropriate shelter are just some of the simple ways to keep your dog happy. Here are five ways to make your dog feels happy and loved.
- Always remember to treat your dog like a family member or a friend. Don’t get outside and run around with them and play with them for five seconds and as soon as you get back inside lock them away in cage. Dogs are like little kids they love affection and love spending time with their owner so make sure you keep that in mind the next time you have them locked away in a cage.
- Make sure you praise your dog very often, and give it frequent feedback. Whenever they do something right pet them gently on the head or pat their something. When your dog is a puppy, you may also build a kennel with cloth or cardboard so that it feels warm and cared for. Do not forget to provide good shelter in winter. Make sweaters to keep your dog warm during the winter. Shelters should be big enough for the dog to be able to sleep, stand up, and turn around.
- Giving your dog a bath, playing with it, and showering it with attention will go a long way in fostering a bond between you and your dog. Learn to talk to your dog and keep their hygiene up you wouldn’t like walking around dirty and neither does your dog. Protect your dog from fleas, worms, and other insects to prevent any diseases. Make sure your dog doesn’t get a chance to misbehave with any human being or other dogs anytime, anywhere.
- Never hit, yell, or hurt your dog physically. Hitting or yelling will make your dog scared of you, and it may run away from you. So, make your dog feel safe and loved through your actions. Make sure you feed the dog on time and serve its favorite food items to keep it happy and in good health. Toys stuffed with nutritious dog food make for good chew toys.
- Last but not least just treat your dog how you would want to be treated they may not be humans but they’re just as important. They need love and affection just like we do they love to be loved. They are very sensitive animals you have to treat them as if they’re children, YOUR CHILDREN.