Things I learnt this weekend.....
* Grooms - check the tuxedo the week before the wedding !
* Grooms - invest in a custom shirt (JHilburn.com for around $80) it photographs wonderfully and you’re a grown up now whose about to be married !
* Grooms - if you are renting your tux insist on your own tie and not the “pre-knotted clown tie” the rental place gives you also, see shirt comment above.
* Brides - recommend a silk white or ivory shirt for the groom and his attendants….it’s subtle and very chic, especially if they are wearing a vibrant coloured tie or your gown is silk (you’ll love the photos !)
* Brides - I’ll say it again: bring back up shoes that are the same heel height (unless your dress is a venetian blind or can some how be magically lengthened and shortened) !
* Bride & Groom - don’t have people IN your wedding that make you nuts !
* Everybody - if you’re not funny and good at public speaking, get help and keep it short.
* Lady guests - keep your shoes on your feet…please, you’re at a 5 star hotel.
….and that’s what I learnt this weekend…any add-ons ?