Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you has written and write 10 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 10 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4: Let them know you tagged them.
1. What originally brought you to Tumblr?
Well, I was originally on dA and a bunch of the people I watch on there were getting into it. In fact, one person in particular left dA for tumblr but he said that I could follow him on here instead.
2. Do you have pets? What kinds? What are their names?
Yep, two cats and a dog! The cats are brothers named Murray and Bradley. Murray really is attached to me and will cuddle with me a lot. They both sleep in bed with me overnight and when I wake up Murray will siddle up to me expecting a petting session. Spoiled little kitties, they are.
Our dog is a Carolina Dog–they basically look like friendlier/cuddlier versions of dingoes–and her name is Anna. She’s the sweetest dog ever and has taken up permenant residence on our couch. If I sit in her spot, she will sit and wait patiently for the moment I get up and then immediately steal it. Still, you gotta love her. <3
3. Do you live with family? Or are you in a dorm/roommate/SO situation?
Living with family! I plan to possibly live in a dorm once I go to college, though.
4. If your house burned down tomorrow (everyone lives) what would be the one possession you’d miss most?
oh god you’re cruel
Weeell if I had to narrow it down, I’d probably say my computer because ALL of my writing is on it. …I need to back it up at some point.
5. What is your go-to chill time activity?
Tumblr, listening to music, reading, and Katamari Damacy. I’ve also been recently addicted to Picross 3D for the DS, but harder puzzles tend to be less “chill” and more “ohgod I’m about to run out of time noooo”
6. Do you have a job? If so, where do you work? Do you like it?
I do not currently have a job, but I’m considering working part time… if I could find anything good in this economy, and do you seriously think they’re going to hire inexperienced minors? I doubt it…
I used to occasionally volunteer at the library and animal shelter, and I might go back into that if I ever have the time.
7. What is the most memorable experience from your childhood, good or bad?
Hmm. One that sticks out is when I was little, I would spend hours in my room just reading. I had one book in particular I could read over and over again. I don’t remember its name though! But yeah, Series of Unfortunate Events, A Wrinkle in Time–god talk about an author that won’t dumb herself down for her audience. always respected her for that–and a bit younger it would be Doctor Suess and his works as Theodore Giesel, Amelia Bedelia, those Disney picture books with Winnie the Pooh or Donald Duck and friends, and I used to have this little kiddie Bible with pictures in it.
8. What is your favorite book series? What about stand-alone book?
Oooh, tough one. Either the Hunger Games trilogy or The Bartimaeus Trilogy–well they also released a prequel book but still. I actually haven’t finished the latter though, so no spoilers!
And… oooh. The Fault in Our Stars maybe? Or Looking For Alaska. But honestly I could go on forever about amazing books that deserve everyone’s love.
9. If you could wake up with a random talent tomorrow morning, what would it be?
DRAWING. I have so much respect for you guys, and while writing can get visualization across if you’re really good, I’ve always wanted to be able to make artwork at least half as good as some of you guys. In fact, one of these days I might promote some artists that I’ve come to really like.
10. Your favorite celebrity runs into you. (yes, THEY run into YOU) Set a short scene for what follows and who it is.
Probably Benedict Cumberbatch, at the moment. He’s a very talented actor–why doesn’t he have a BAFTA yet? I know he’s won other awards and I do think Martin Freeman/Andrew Scott deserved theirs (ESPECIALLY Andrew Scott. Reichenbach. Just… Reichenbach. Not that Martin isn’t wonderful but still), but come on, you know he deserves one. alsoheisveryprettyyessss
Okay, so I’m eating at a restaurant, like Starview (local restaurant, they make the best Chicken Franchaise) or something. Just walked out of the bathroom at the same time as him (the OTHER bathroom, smart aleck) and we bump into eachother. I subsequently forget how to Hope
Me: *no longer capable of breathing normally* Uhm hello. You’re… um. From Sherlock.
Him: Yes. (or possibly something a bit more eloquent, but honestly I’d be too busy hyperventilating to notice)
Me: Wow. Um. I… I really respect your work. Like, really.
Him: Thank you. (at this point he’s probably a bit nervous, but still being polite, especially because I seem harmless in my deer-in-headlights state)
Me: Um, you’re in America?
Him: Meeting a friend.
Me: Oh right. Me too. (smoooth)
He kindly ignores my social blunders.
Me: I have a book of the original Sherlock Holmes stories though and I wish I had it with me so you could autograph it… *trails off*
Him: Oh, how nice! How about you go get it and we can meet at the coffee shop down the street.
My perfectly reasonable response is to keel over, and I keep falling and falling and falling–
I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. God, I hate it when my brain writes crappy self-insert fanfiction…
Here are the new questions:
1. Do you have a writer/artist that you really respect?
2. What is your biggest fear?
3. Do you have a band/artist that fulfills all of your musical needs and wants?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. Do you have any crushes on an animated character? (Oh come on, everyone has fallen for at least ONE Disney prince/princess)
6. Name a song that sums up your otp.
7. Do you enjoy Vocaloid? If so, do you have a favorite? If not, what’s your favorite color?
8. Have you ever made a self-insert character? (Don’t worry: besides the awful joke fic above, I actually have. I was 8, okay? Embrace it!)
9. Favorite animal?
10. How many songs are on your iTunes library?