Well, normally I would have attached the armature right onto the base before I started sculpting. That gives the sculpture a whole lot more stability.
However, with these guys, my original intention was to try and make them free standing. Unfortunately, I realized after they were baked that this was not going to work out, so I ended up adding bases. They were attached using extra strong super glue(this is my favorite brand: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/1-ounce-extreme-power-thick-adhesive-238410/ ) and Apoxie sculpt to hold them in place.
ended up looking thru the tarot tag and found this lovely deck that i really want now, its the Wild Unknown Tarot, the art is wonderful. So that went to the top of the list of things to buy in the future.
about to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, sounds promising :3